Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / reseating

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 02:14 Edited at: 15th Oct 2003 02:15
ok.. my sound cards and video cards are not recognized by the computer. most likly becuase of this little Windows98 error, like everythign was messed, i fixed most of it... but if you have no sound card/video card, does that mean direct X cant run either? jus wondering
EDIT:
dell told me to reseat the sound card for my soudn problem, (guessing the same for video)(even though i should have went to microsoft.. but their e-mail lines r too long)

You did what? For who?! For how many jellybeans?!?
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 23:11
Quote: "becuase of this little Windows98 error"

you running 98 now? or xp? iv'e seen this happen alot in xp, strange.

oh and the reason dell didnt tell you to reseat your gfx card maybe because it could be onboard?, so watch out for that.

anyway, your graphics card shouldnt need reseating because it's giving out an actual output, but its always worth a try. computer's are dodgy, i have two sdram slots, one filled with a stick of 128 and one filled with 256, yet the computer only recognises the 256. if i take the 128 out and just leave in the 256, the computer doesnt do anything at all when you turn it on. weired huh?

anyway, but if your sound card and graphics card cannot be recognised by the computer, then that means you can't install the drivers, which means youv'e got no chance of running dx :S

TMB - under construction
Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 16:37:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 16:37:51