Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Error When Running Default Code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Every time I try to run a new Dark GDK.NET game file that is created by default it gives me an error at Initialize Component. It says:

Could not load file or assembly 'DarkGDK, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I've added the following references or already have them added by default:
DarkGDK
DGDKLib
stdole
System
System.DatalLinq
System.Drawing
System.Windows.Forms

No disassemble!
Frank C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2011 22:30
There is sometimes an issue with VS seeing the references properly, what you need to do is remove the 3 main references from the projects references and then add them back in manually.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2011 23:19
If you're using 64bit Windows, you will need to also change the Build Configuration so that it compiles for x86 and not Any Cpu. This can be done by selecting the 'Configuration Manager' option from the Build menu, and selecting '<new..>' from the Active Solution Platform. Change your Platform type to x86.

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:22:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:22:09