Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Can someone help me out with my plane controls?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am working on a flight simulator and i can't get the controls the way i like. The plane has all the free flight movements but it doesn't look real and i can't keep the camera from going into my matrix!

BTW: I copied some code from the matrix normals example so i could normalize my matrix but it says the cooridates do not exist, is there anyway to find out how many tiles you have on your matrix?

Thanks,
McAce
Delta
Years of Service
User Offline
For the planes you may with to delay the movement for a fraction of a secons, and mabey he action happen gradualy (if these things havent been done allrady)

Hmm, I was just re-reading the 3D tutorial and just reached this section on this :p

This code shoud keep your camera above the matrix

hope that helps

Bogboy2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 20:07
a better way of putting that, so that the plane is also above the ground

as for the actual plane movement, there are some comands in v1.13 (look for role object() under basic 3d) which make the movement of the plane far esier to figure out
McAce
Years of Service
User Offline
I am not to much of a newbie, i have already tried those methods. but my camera doesn't follow the plane correctly when i do them!

McAce

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:22:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:22:41