Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / A bullet Shell?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 03:55
how would you make a shell fly out of your gun every time you shoot?would you do the same as you do to make a bullet? Thanks!
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 04:30 Edited at: 15th Oct 2003 04:33
That's pretty much the way to go. Some things that would make your shell casings more interesting is if they were ejected upwards and tumbled as gravity takes hold and arcs them back down to the ground. Of course, if you're going to go to that much trouble/fun, don't forget to include the sound effects of shells hitting the ground. As part of a shell management system, you'll probably want to create an array of shells and keep re-using the game resources rather than constantly loading and unloading them. The numbers of shells that you will need in your array depends on your rate of fire and how long it takes to hit the ground.

Ideally, you should be able to pull off a long burst of a mini-gun and still have shells hitting the ground for a second or two after you're done firing.
--
TAZ
Cookyzue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 04:07
Thanks zircher.I hav one more question, i wanted to know how to make a bitmap go to the screen by pushing a button but when the button is released for it to go away.When i tried it flickered when i held it down.Do you know what to do?
burrbittyburr
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " i wanted to know how to make a bitmap go to the screen by pushing a button but when the button is released for it to go away"

This is code spooky gave me when I needed help showing & hiding a sprite.

Specs[1 GiG Athlon,Geforce Ti4, 128mb]
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2003 20:27
What I've found that works for me is a mouse delay to prevent 'bouncing'.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 06:20:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 06:20:50