Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Chi Blast! [DBP-->AGK]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2011 18:48 Edited at: 16th Apr 2011 18:54

DBP-->AGK Project created by Josh Mooney

Description:
Chi Blast is a set of mini games designed for the iPad to train you to fire chi blasts and erupt with fury as you launch chi waves at your enemies. Train through trials by destroying targets and increasing your power level and gaining new ability's and skills. Once you've master your skills, battle other's in a duel to the death.

Screenshots
All images are taken from DBP but then imposed onto an iPad image to reflect the final product's look.

Firing Chi Blasts
Using your basic skills of Chi wielding, fire off Chi blasts using one or two fingers. As you raise your power level your blasts can be upgraded to become more powerful and faster to shoot off.

Firing a Chi Wave
Once you've mastered the Chi blasts you'll be able to fire off a Chi Wave by bringing both Chi blasts together. As you raise your power level your Chi Wave will become more powerful and larger.

Raising Your Power and Learning New Skills
As you become stronger your power level's maximum range will rise and you'll be able to learn new skills. Use these new skills to destroy your opponents but be warned, the more you use your chi the lower your power level drops. You'll need to rest in order for your power level to recharge to it's maximum range.

Battle your Friends and your Enemies
You've trained your skills, you've raised your power level and now it's time to do battle. Challenge your friends and your most hated enemies to a duel and battle it out until one reaches 0 power level. Then finish them off in a grand display of Chi power and send him off into oblivion!

Who will be the strongest Chi wielder?

Only the strongest will survive!

Creator's Notes:
-the circle you see in the screens is the mouse cursor, eventually it will be taken out since this is for a touch screen
-currently the game has placeholder graphics which will eventually have animated beams and chi blast to bring this to life
-will be adding different backgrounds to enhance the play
-will have 3 game modes; training, challenge, multiplayer
-all the mechanics work just a matter of converting it to AppGameKit once it's released

AGK is on it's way so I'm gearing up to release my first game designed for the iPad...just a matter of learning the new syntex and then converting my DBP code too AGK. Simple task right? Comments are more then welcome. My main question to the community is, is this a type of mini-game that you think people would enjoy and potentially purchase?

Thanks for looking through my long WIP post, more updates as I continue work.

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2011 19:26
Well, i can't see any of mini-games yet... So it's very hard to tell if your game is going to be a good seller, or rather a fail. What the mini-games would be about? Also, nice beam effects !

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a really cool idea actually! Should prove quite fun.

http://lossofanonymity.wordpress.com
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 00:31
Will this app tell me if my power level is over 9000? ?

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 01:11 Edited at: 17th Apr 2011 01:13
Quote: "Well, i can't see any of mini-games yet..."

As stated I have the mechanics done, just not the gameplay and the 3 game modes. I'm working on that now.

Quote: "Will this app tell me if my power level is over 9000?"

Lol, I'll eventually add some cool features to track power levels and I'm thinking of implementing an online board to chart the strongest players in the world.

I was just thinking, if I could somehow track the dpi of say someone screaming into the mic, it could make for some epic beam battles. The louder you scream, the more powerful your attack is. I'm giggling just thinking about two people sitting across from each other and screaming their heads off while dueling.

Once I've added some background image and a darkening effect for when you shoot a beam I'll create a video. Look for it in the next day or two.

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 10:16
O, also, will be that released for Android too ?

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 16:34
If it's supported with AGK. I'll try for as many plateforms as I can get them to work on.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 04:55 Edited at: 19th Apr 2011 04:58
Worked on the power effects. Blasts and waves are now animated, looks pretty neat. These shots showoff more advanced skills, I plan to add more special effects as you upgrade. Couple ideas are electrical current and shaking camera.

Chi-Blast Attack:

Chi-Wave Attack:

Going to work on the backdrops next. Starting backdrop is a training area where your master will teach you the basics.

Also at the moment the Chi-Blasts have a random shot angle, but that will change once I get it running on a touch screen so you'll be able to control the angle. Same with the Chi-Wave.

More to come!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:54:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:54:56