Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Programming Guides suggestions?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok. I was going to buy the Beginner's Guide for DarkBASIC game programming thing at my area "BORDERS". But they don't have it. All i see is the same kind of book product by different titles. Would
"Programming Guides for Teens" be a difference to the DarkBASIC game programming guide for beginner?

My exact question is that is there any difference at all to any other programming guides? Example:

- I have DarkBASIC the program. If I bought a different guide than the "Beginner's Guide for DarkBASIC game programming", would you guys even say that I have bought the wrong book?

Thanks for reading this. I do need alot of help.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 06:24
I would suggest you buy the DB book because it will have contexual help for the language at hand.

I would also send a request to the TGC team for the ISBN of the book at hand.

Most reputable book stores will order in a book for you but they need the ISBN to make sure its the correct book you want.

I listened to some people in the chat room talking about the book and I wouldnt mind a copy for myself just to see how they tackled certain things, because there are many ways to complete a problem

hk_girl_2004
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks. i think i'll buy it online or something?
hk_girl_2004
Years of Service
User Offline
May I add another question?

1)What is the fastest way to create a game in only about 4 months?

2)I'm in big trouble if i can't do this. Its for my Senior Project at school. =(
Sir_Him
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 06:45
hey, i'm new here. i jsut gothis computr and i want to learnsomethings.i also just got darkbasic amnd i am loking at the tutorials. is thias the best way tolearn darkbasic?

I am that good.
hk_girl_2004
Years of Service
User Offline
post your own post. i need immediate answers.
Sir_Him
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 06:58
dont beso mean i just wantd somehelp. how do thos smily facse work? wen iclic on them i get this> why is thjat. i posted elsewere.

I am that good.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 08:32
"Beginner's Guide for DarkBASIC game programming", I hate the whole series of those books. I haven't looked at the darkbasic one, but I've read through some others in the series and ended up returning them to the store.
4 months huh. Any previous programming experience? If not, don't expect to be creating a game in 4 months. The best way to start from my own experience, is to read various tutorials on the basics first. Then find simple programs already written that you can mess with. Learn how they work, what they do to get certain effects. And you can always ask questions in the forums.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 11:28
The ISBN code is on the book pages on this site.

Sir_Him - stop hijacking other peoples threads or i'll remove your posts.

Cheers,

Rich

The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Your brain's just like any other appliance: it works better if you plug it in...
Zadeel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 13:15
Phaelax i've been doing some DBP tutorials like rainbow cubes and huge dungeon , but what i really need what u just SAID ! (a simple programs already written that you can mess with) Where can i find those programs , guys do u know any useful sites that contain Source files for program or game? ( rpg game plz ) i'll be thankful guys
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 15:31
you'd be surprised how much you can learn by looking at the code listed for each command in the DBP Help Files (View Usage Example, View Showcase Example)

-RUST-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 06:30:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 06:30:27