Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Little Problems, but annoys me very much...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 06:47 Edited at: 15th Oct 2003 07:01
Problem #1- For some reason, the command "hide mouse" doesn't work. I haven't used DB in a while, but I'm petty sure that if it worked before it should work now.

Problem #2- Whenever I use my created matrix made in MatEdit, whenever I move it appears as if part of the matrix is disappearing, but on a small scale. It looks like Polygons are constantly disapearing and reappearing, and it is EXTREMLY noticable and ugly.

Problem #3- Also a problem with the matrix. When I walk onto a tile that I have set to impassable terrain, it allows me to walkon it. the weird thing is, however, is that this used to work PERFECTLY, and I couldn't walk onto those tiles, but now I can.

Problem #1 and #3 are ones that have just started happening recently, and I'm not sure why.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as I've had a bad day and this would help to make it a little better before I head off to bed.

*Edit*

New problem, and this one is BIG! Whenever I try to run, through the editro for testing or even through an EXE, All I see is the mouse pointer, and the rest of the screen is black. Even when I try and move the mouse (which SHOULD be hidden) it is VERY choppy and VERY slow.

Please help.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 11:06
u all patched up? You should be on 1.13 for DB, or Patch 5.1b for Pro. You need to do this before delving into your other problems.

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 16:34
Also update your DirectX and all your drivers if possible

Knowladge Belongs To The People...
Sir Ultimos
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the latest update for DBC (that's what I'm using) and I have the latest DirectX drivers.

Could it be something with DX9?
Sir Ultimos
Years of Service
User Offline
Bump
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 14:21
Well, try this code:

That works fine for me, it hides themouse and shows it. I have DBC v1.13 Enhanced, and WinXP with DirectX 9.1.

Hope I Helped...

Knowladge Belongs To The People...
elVee
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a sync on : sync rate whatever and a sync command in there?

so does it sync after every loop? Ive noticed the mouse will either move REALLY choppy and slow, or not move at all, without the sync.
Sir Ultimos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2003 20:39 Edited at: 18th Oct 2003 20:41
Thing is, the screen went completly black, and mouse hardly moving at all, and yes, the sync command is in there.

Although it's weird, the black screen problem just suddenly disappeared, although the othere problems are still there. And also, I know how to hide the mosue, the command is there, but it's just not going away...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 06:42:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 06:42:34