Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x10] Hardcore soldier X

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 10:35

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 12:11
Is that a boss? It is very nice! Very nice indeed.

[center]

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 12:39
That is the coolest thing I have ever seen in FPSC! how does the walking animation hold up though? that's what usually gives away that a game is made in FPSC.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 23:38
@ egg
well check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWSsnTTSFtc
thanks
@ThoughtWire Software thanks.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 17:16
The screens are looking fantastic!

Just one thing bugs me is that the last images show a HUGE room which is only one floor, how about gantries and of the such?

Abdul Ahad

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 18:27
This looks great! I will definitely play it. Also, do you have any suggestions on importing characters?

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 21:52
I watched the video. The game looks very good, except for the level design. The way levels are staged and don't have much diversity, it seems more like a rail shooter. I would recommend adding larger assets into rooms, to make them more than just a square room with enemies and cover. Add things like large generators or some other asset that will break up the room. One thing that this will help with gameplay wise, will be that you can hide an enemy behind it, so that the player won't see all the enemies right when they enter the room, thus adding interesting surprises and diversity in gun fights.

Your game looks very stunning, and I think you can make something really amazing out of this.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 22:20
@EGG HEAD OF DOOM
you know what you are right..that is the best criticism I have ever heard on here.I will do just that for the next levels.you have give me an idea on how to add more life to this game.watch the next video on this.as for that the next updated maybe close to the last.this game is almost done.thank so must for that.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Legion012
Years of Service
User Offline
man i loved your demo, i love sci fi stuff, im waiting your game

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 07:05
@darimc yes use fragmotion for importing them it the easy to use and they it import characters better.knowing how to import model into fpsc is one of the best things you should learn.thanks

@Legion012 thanks for the kind words. wait until you see what I ll show next. this game may not be much but for my first game its not bad.
I have a lot more characters on the line up.this go beyond the stock models characters.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 07:08
No problem for the little crit i gave. I just want people's stuff to be the best it can...so that I can enjoy playing it

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2011 10:02
here is the robot crew.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2011 14:05 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2011 14:12
It's looking good! My main criticism is that many of your rooms are unnecessarily huge and look very square - especially those that are only one floor high. It's the only thing that spoils some of the shots for me.

There are also some rooms with multiple floors that have the same wall segment on both levels. If I were you, I'd think about using different textures for each floor so that they look like one large wall, instead of two stacked ontop of one another.

After watching the video, I know exactly what Egg Head of Doom meant about the rail shooter. Every large room is filled with enemies and has a connecting corridor which leads into another large room filled with enemies which then has another connecting corridor which... see where I'm going? It's extremely linear and lacks a bit of depth. There's no exploration or things to find - you just have to walk down a single path until the end of the level. The game looks good - but level design needs a bit of work

One more thing - that HUD is a bit too prominent. I'd widen it out a bit so it's not cutting off the sides of the screen and even add a little more transparency.
Bestorio
Years of Service
User Offline
you should use the planar projected shadows made by bond1 in the mp52
(so characters have detailed shadows)
Other than that it looks cool.

"Problem?" - Troll
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
nice work michael x keep it up i will be starting one up soon to show x10 is alive and kicking ass! not to start a flamey or anything just to say we can make games as well lol.

to mr x

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 03:57
thanks science boy.
you work is looking real good cant wait to see and play it.Im getting this game done. dont know if Im going to put it up at the show showcase.it seem to be a waste of time with no real support.Im thinking about not showing the other levels. just let this game be.my project is going to the showcase as a mini game then that will be it for x10.

as to the rest of you this game is meant to be a run and gun like Doom.I think I'll leave that puzzle lock door crap to everyone else on here with those games.the way yall say the game is. thats the way I want it to be. So I basically reach my goal with this.A scifi run and gun game with no zombies or horror like monsters.

as for the large levels. I it plan that way for the gun fights.but this game does not matter anymore . My friends at my job and everywhere played it and like it.so for my first Im pretty much happy.

thank you for who ever played the demo.thank you for the comments.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 05:51
I've got some crits on your level 2. I'm going to agree with Egg Head of Doom to and extent. I think your level design is fantastic, but only the basic level design. You need to populate your levels with many more entities that change up the gameplay. The second to last room shown (the one on the walkway) is an example of a decent and often used level element, that doesn't finish what you set out to do. Right now the player walks out and loses half of his life. I would recommend adding crates along the sides to hide both the character and enemies. I love the first combat scene in the sense that you run out, and have no choice but to hide behind that one small crate. Great for adrenaline and keeping the player focused on combat. The other issue that REALLY needs to be addressed, is AI. I highly recommending buying MP 53 and adapting the AI in it towards you characters. It will improve your games by an unbelievable amount. The only other suggestion I can give you is learn how to script, and create your own AI. So in summary:
1. Your base level design is great, but you need to improve the combat game element by adding more entity population to your levels.
2. The enemy artificial intelligence needs a good deal of work.

I hope you don't mind my harsh crits, I mean the best for you.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 09:27
Okay I'm going to say it again.I agree with egghead he is right and these changes already been made.

another thing, i dont know what up with you all crits.Its like yall never use this program before.i find so many things wrong.like mp53 AI does not work well with fpscX10.or maybe you have not notice this is a X10 game.fpscX10 can only run the basic AI from X9any new stuff with 117 and 118 is pretty much pointless.so being the AI is at its limit I had to change the game play in a way for you to become a easy target.but the also will have power ups.fpsc AI is pretty dumb which x9 got a bump up on that.

as much as it is hard for people to believe Lee drop the support for fpscX10 and only update fpscX9.

so why is this game still being made?

by time I got the news about fpscX10 I was already deep into making this game and did not want to start allover to make everything fpscX9 ready. plus everything that is X10 shader.I would have to change all the entities for bond1 new static shader.but my next scifi game which is being made using x9 should be better in the AI part.plus i have talk to EAI about his cool scripts.but Im still not sure about using 118 at all. as for fpsc collision and AI has a long way to go.

but one of my biggest goal are performance which Im also target in fpscX9.the way i plan my games is to have more than one enemy shoot you at one time.all this without losing frame rates.for these of you who knows fpsc well. knows that is not a east task.the challenge is not just making a good game but a stable game.

as for this game I dont plan to give up on it and just delete it. I put to much time into this.so it may just be a unreleased game.I may have some pics showing off the changes. but til then thank you.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2011 20:13
My apologizes, I didn't see this was made with fpsc x10. So I guess there really isn't a lot that can be done with the AI. Overall this does look fantastic.

Tinker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 08:17
Michael X, your amazing, and you are a one hell of a pro in using x10, by the way, how do you manage to crate such entities, like the Alien boss, and how did you script it... I really wanna know... great huds, great textures and cool hands... What can I say, your truly an artist, maybe I will email you sooner...

If there is no way, then we create our own!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
deaer mr m x

i do hope your going to stay with x10 as it will come good in the end

Tinker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 03:05
Hi there, michael x how's your game? Oh by the way, how did you manage to make those guns run in fpsc x10? Mine don't work, need a little help buddy. Anyway, I can say that your game is could. Continue that and you will succeed.

If there is no way, then we create our own!
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2011 17:47
thanks for the comments guys. this game is still in the works.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2011 02:01
Man these screens look very nice. I have some those models from dex-soft that I use for x9..... They look absolutely AMAZING in X10

I recently learned to sleep with my eyes open. ..... God am I tired
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
loving them 2 new screenies awesome work, keep going dude, i think should have a competition to see who can release a fully finished x10 game. as it seems none as been done yet. i may be wrong, but also the game has to be decent and show off x10 stuff.

just a thought

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:03:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:03:57