Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Corridors Game Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 00:36 Edited at: 20th Apr 2011 01:20

Download
http://bluesparkworld.blogspot.com/2011/04/corridors.html

In Corridors, you are trapped in a desolate space station and the entire crew has gone missing - devoured - by things. It is up to you to attempt to escape, or end up like the crew.

This is my first FPS, just so you'd know. With physics, AI, and a dark survival atmosphere. Currently I am working on a much improved game, Project Bluespark.

Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 11:54
Looks pretty good, is this FPSC or is it just using FPSC media? Because FPSC games have their own program announcements board and they're generally better accepted there

thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 15:02
Quote: "Looks pretty good, is this FPSC or is it just using FPSC media? Because FPSC games have their own program announcements board and they're generally better accepted there "

It's not FPSC, if you had played it or looked at the screenshots closer you would've noticed.

Very nice job on this! Everything is well done, and the enemies look amazing. Do they have a shader applied to them?
One thing though, Blobby does have a point. It's easy to mistake this for an FPSC game and just skip over it. If you made your own levels, it would make the game even better.

Bluespark
Years of Service
User Offline
No, it's not FPSC, but the level was made with it.

I appreciate the comments, thenerd.
Yes, native DBPro shaders.
Currently I am developing a better game with more optimized physics, and real-time lighting/shadowing. With my own levels.
Daygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 20:49
@Bluespark, You're website is outstanding! I love the fish at the top of the screen. Made me watch them for a while I'm downloading Ubiety. I'll probably play Corridors also.

yrotate when you can spin?
God Bless!
/2007/dngsig.png[/img][/href]
Bluespark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 01:51 Edited at: 17th Aug 2011 01:56
@Daygamer
Thanks a lot! I will be posting some awesome new screenshots today.
Also, for your signature, maybe it's a joke but the code you're looking for is:

or
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 10:36
@thenerd

Quote: "It's not FPSC, if you had played it or looked at the screenshots closer you would've noticed."

If you had played it, yes, but just by looking at the screenshots you can't tell whether it's FPSC or not. I thought it was until you said it wasn't.

Anyway it looks good. I'll download this later.

Clonkex

P.S. The fish are no longer hungry

Manzarth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 19:05
Wow this is amazing! Great job for your first fps! What language did you use? I use DGDK. I'm still stuck with 2D games. Soon(hopefully), I'll be making 3D. I've been studying like crazy.
RonsWare
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2011 15:20
i can't get it to run
parameter incorrect
at the start of the program.

i like your desing
beautiful shader work

Programming is learning
Bluespark
Years of Service
User Offline
@RonsWare
What operating system are you using?
Have you installed DirectX 9.0c?
RonsWare
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2011 11:56
intel Core 2 quad cpu q6600 2.40GHz
mem 4.00 GB

Directx 10

Audio onboard AMD

Programming is learning
Bluespark
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, you are using Service Pack 1. Corridors Game Demo was compiled before the compiler for Windows 7 SP1 was released, hence the incompatibility.
You might have noticed that Corridors is one huge executable (around 65.4 MB). The single file prevents updates via a small downloadable patch. In the future, I will compile my programs with the latest compiler (which works for SP1) and segment the files such that small updates are readily done.
Corridors was my first FPS game, so don't be too harsh. I apologize for the download.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2011 03:08
Quote: "Corridors Game Demo was compiled before the compiler for Windows 7 SP1 was released, hence the incompatibility"

Ah, so it's the service pack that does it. Well that makes sense, because I made some programs a while ago and they ran fine on Dad's Win 7, but after some updates, they don't. I haven't tried with the latest version of DBpro, though.

Clonkex

Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 06:28
This is good! I got lost the first time i played but the next time I drew a little map and survived!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:39:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:39:37