Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] my post is gone. asking again

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 17:44
ok. i woke up this morning, and my forum is gone. then i noticed the rules for the forum. all i wanted was some help. its not my fault that whoever that was was making fun of me. but ill ask again. how do i use dark basic. im looking at the tutorials and they arent fast enough. could someone teach me faster than these tutorials. thanky ou

I am that good.
Pazza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 18:19
buy the book, i found it useful.
btw - your gonna have to be paitent.

"Bite my shiny metal ass!" - Bender
skovron
Years of Service
User Offline
dear Sir_Him. i've got a feeling that you would like to learn db faster then it could be done. be patient. i am learning programing few years and i still think that i know a little.
i understand you very well couse it was a time when i wanted the same thing. well mayby you learn very quickly but im not sure there is any1 on this forum whos gonna/wanna spend all his time learning you.
my advice: take those tutorials and experiment with it. you know people learn the most when they find something out for themselves
its not that we dont wanna help you. its just you need to ask questions about things your not sure or you dont know
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 18:55
No-one can "teach" you. You teach yourself.

The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Your brain's just like any other appliance: it works better if you plug it in...
PoHa!84
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 19:25
Everyone here is giving good advice. You should also check out the code snippets section. Probably somethings good there that would help. And uh... it won't be fast. This is a programming language. They take time to learn.

Destroy you with my mind, I could!
. Cool, he is. Play his games, I do.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 19:38
Great things from small acorns grow.

Play with your acorns

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 23:01
well, its possible to learn very quickly if you're motivated enough. I first started programming with qbasic when I was in 8th grade. Didn't know much then, but read tutorials and ripped small programs apart. In less than a week, I knew some of the basics and had written a cheap character based pac-man game.(no ghosts) Of course, that was a solid week of doing nothing but starring at code. 2-3 days of no sleep even. Can't say i'd reccommend this, as its not the healthiest of ways to learn.
Sir_Him
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 23:17
i don't want to buy a book. what does btw mean

somebody knows how to learn fast. they just don't want to tell me.

i don't want to teach myself. somebody else needs to help me. how did you make it say something besides user under your name.

you were the one that made my forum to be gone. i don't like you. yoda is stupid.

i don't understand you. i want help with dark basic.

what is qbasic. will it teach me dark basic quicker. is that what the q stands for.

I am that good.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 00:01
BTW = By The Way

The way to learn fast is to apply yourself. If you find anything that you don't understand, ask.

You're unlikely to get much help by calling people stupid though ...
Sir_Him
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 00:04
i didn't call him stupid i said yoda was stupid. and he called me stupid first in a different forum but its not there anymore. someone got rid of it because he called me stupid.

I am that good.
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 00:29
ooo boy ! troll alert ! the style seems ...well...gimme da codez?.... anyone else think so?, I think you`ve been here before Sir_Him...also that sig.... "I am that good" ... rings a bell , someone playing about ?????

Mentor.
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 00:33
Um.. Is this what you are talking about
http://texturemaker.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=18421&b=7

PoHa!84 or "Yoda" didn't call you stupid, he just said if you are new to programming, start with something simpler. You are the one being mean and rude!.

Ok now just calm down... You have got to be a little politer if you want to stay on this forum.

First of all, as others said, there is no quick easy way to learn programming. No one can just teach you how to program that easily, especially over the internet.

When I learned, I would literally, get into DB, and open the help files. I learned completely from the DB help files. I didn't even ask one single question here. I could have, I just didn't.

Of course, it was easier for me because I already knew the basics of BASIC. I used to program QBasic, or Quick Basic. It was made by Microsoft, and is like 20 years old. If you want to try that, search Google, but you really don't need to.

So, If you want to learn DB, open DB, and do it the old fasioned way, trial and error. If you have trouble, ask here. Look at the help files, read the manual, and get some tutorials from this site or other sites.

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Sir_Him
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 00:35
? what is troll alert. you are confusing. how do i delete that from here.

I am that good.
Sir_Him
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 00:38
hey. where did you get that. it disappeared from my computer.

I am that good.
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 00:46
It was in my computers history. I just happened to remember seeing a thread like this yesterday. The forum dosent actually delete threads, rather just the links to them.

troll alert? You mean trial and error? Try different things. See what the Print "Hello World" does, experiment.

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 00:46
Well spotted Mentor. He obviously doesn't know that mods can see IP addresses ... Sir_Him = PoHa!84

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 06:55:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 06:55:13