Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Multiplayer game host problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2011 18:06
The problem is i cannot form 5 hosts by 1 pc; why i am doing that is, i want my game played online.
Can you help me with this issue so i can establish more than one game in one pc either with pushing the button ‘hostgame’ or with any other alternatives you offer?

my email address samtebirah@gmail.com

Samtebirah@gmail.com
Wyldhunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2011 02:03
Darkbasic Pro does not have a hostgame button unless you make one yourself, in which case the button will work exactly the way you coded it to work.
So, I'm unsure what you're refering to.
Here's a link that can show you an example of a working server/client.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=165271&b=1
Agent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2011 07:23
If you want to make any sort of multiplayer game that involves communication over the net, you're going to want to look outside DBPro's buildin connectivity command set as it's highly intermittent as reliability goes.

You'll want to take a look at an external plugin or library, such as Benjamin's excellent "MultiSync", which is what I use for all of my connectivity needs. I'm currently using it to build my MMORPG, and it is working very reliably. Here is the relevant link:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=5&t=99188&p=0

I highly recommend this plugin for all your connectivity needs. It's simple, fast, efficient, and most importantly it's bug-free.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:20:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:20:00