Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [DBPro] Final Dragon [Early Alpha Version 0.2]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 03:40 Edited at: 9th Aug 2011 01:05
Hi guys, Mappel here.
I recently brought my game back (It was on Hiatus) and I have finished enough to show.
This is currently a text RPG, and after I am done with Text, I will bring it to 2D. I already have some spriters ready at a moment's notice.
There are no screenshots, but I was thoughtful and brought you this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wtwslwdvti46ids
What is this? The game, of course. Play it, rate it, hack it, I DON'T CARE!!!!!!! Just rate it, please. That will help a lot.
Now, for some future plans:
*Clickable buttons
*2D
*More Items
*Money
*3rd character, Jason, implemented (You hear about him in the demo)
*Many more!

Screenshots:
My hands are tied on this one.
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa472/mappel6/Final%20Dragon%20Screenshots/Screenshot1.jpg
The starting screen
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa472/mappel6/Final%20Dragon%20Screenshots/Screenshot2.jpg
The first two things you may need to know: Drinking a potion and checking your stats.
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa472/mappel6/Final%20Dragon%20Screenshots/Screenshot3.jpg
The stat screen of an elf.
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa472/mappel6/Final%20Dragon%20Screenshots/Screenshot4.jpg
The first battle, after everyone has attacked.(Thanks to Grog Grueslayer for help on this subject)
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa472/mappel6/Final%20Dragon%20Screenshots/Screenshot5.jpg
What good is a game with no opening sequence?
Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
Attack a screeny and more people is gonna be willing try it out.

-In.Dev.X: A unique heavy story based shoot'em ~12%
-CoreFleet: An underground commander unit based RTS ~15%
-TailsVSEggman: An Sonic themed RTS under development for idea presentation to Sega ~15%
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2011 00:06
Like Quel said a screenshot would be nice... not sure I fancy downloading it without some idea what it's like?

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2011 00:35
Quote: "Like Quel said a screenshot would be nice... not sure I fancy downloading it without some idea what it's like?"

Agreed

Jaeg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2011 18:34
I like it. The tutorial is pretty well thought out and it looks like you have a decent text parser in place as well. It's very retro keep up the good work!

No offense guys but it's a text adventure. What do you hope to get from a screen shot?

Go ahead. Walk into Mordor.

Ball State University - Biology Major
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2011 18:43
Quote: "No offense guys but it's a text adventure. What do you hope to get from a screen shot?"

Just an idea as to whether its literally a line by line text adventure or if it's a little more thought out like Shadowcast by DarkByNight which has frames showing character progression and details such as items held and current health.

No offense taken. None intended in the first place either, it's fairly standard to want to see a screenshot...

I'll take a look at something I think looks well thought out or showing promise but I won't if I have no idea, you can tell a lot about a text adventure from a screenshot believe it or not. That's all

mappel6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2011 17:59 Edited at: 30th Apr 2011 17:59
@Jaeg: Thanks.
@baxslash: Wait, you CAN tell some things about a text adventure through a screenshot?

P.S.: Does anyone else not see the pictures? Or is it just me?
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2011 02:46 Edited at: 1st May 2011 02:51
Quote: "P.S.: Does anyone else not see the pictures? Or is it just me? "

Did you use the image button?
The forum hates photo bucket
I couldt get them to work either?
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2011 11:21
Quote: "Wait, you CAN tell some things about a text adventure through a screenshot?"

Of course! You can tell:
a) Will I get annoyed by the way the game is written? (eg. "You is standed on a big road. What you will do?")
b) Is it just a line by line game or is there additional info / images on the screen?
c) Are the colours used going to make my eyes hurt after 10 minutes?

...I hate labouring a point and it seems some links to images have now been added. Looks like you have quite a complex system going on behind the scenes @mappel6. I liked the demo and generally it was fun to play.

The game could be improved with the odd image thrown in like an image of a Goblin or Dragon when we are fighting one and some of the text could be improved (such as "noone" being changed to "no-one") but other than that this looks like a very well thought out game. Well done!

mappel6
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, guys. If BlueIDE 2 worked better portable, I would keep working. Can y'all suggest an IDE to use that is reliable to use on a flash drive from computer to computer?
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2011 14:46
I use the default editor on a portable drive, a little buggy but pretty good generally...

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2011 17:29
Codesurge is highly portable. That's version 1, and is my favorite DBP IDE. Version 2 would be even better if hyrichter would come back to us and update it

mappel6
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, guys, thanks to Jimmy, I'm back to work! I have a few suggestions and questions first...
1. What do you think about me getting a graphic artist or a few to put together some battle graphics and bgs first?

2. Can some of you guys help me by making sound fx and bg music (Only for the battles, currently.)

I'll post more as I come up with them.
mappel6
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't like double posting particularly...
But I need to bump this up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 18:14:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 18:14:05