Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Determine directX version

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2011 12:12
Hi,
would like to test which version of DirectX is installed on the computer of the player. At the moment, If an old version of directX ist installed, I just get a strange error message. I would like to change it to a more helpful one, saying that somebody has to update the directX system.
yours
sberK
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2011 13:48
Hi, you can use the "get dx version$" command at the beginning of your program but I'm not sure if this will help prevent the "strange error message", I haven't tested it. You could try something like this though

If this doesn't work then you may have to include instructions on updating the directx version in a readme file.

A clever person solves a problem, a wise person avoids it - Albert Einstein
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 27th Apr 2011 18:54
Yeah it may be pointless to check in code if the error causes it to stop working right away. And it's totally pointless if the user doesn't have at least DirectX 9.0c installed since Darkbasic Pro wouldn't work at all.

Your best bet is to automatically include installing DirectX 9.0c when your program is installed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:22:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:22:25