Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Level Editor Query

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2011 07:08
Dbpro

Been working on a very serious level editor for some time easy to use as cshop much more powerful with a million more features.
about half done atm.

Just curious if there is a popular editor out there already and how easy it is to use. I found one built buy the community seems to run slow and strange ways of doing things/high learning curve

currently my editor saves created objects and all positioning in dbpro code so u just drop it into the game or include#. nice interface very similar to photo shop

terribly bored of working on it.
last project was a fully functional (windows like) file browser i spent a good while on. I later found out that u can just use a dll.

A child's dream never dies.
Wyldhunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2011 19:41 Edited at: 29th Apr 2011 19:50
That sounds awesome.
I haven't seen any decent level editors released to the community yet.
I have heard of countless people mentioning that they are making one. That makes sense since you really need an in house editor to make any sizable game. As long as it's easy to use and flexible enough to be used by any 3d game type, it'd probably be popular. I doubt most of the others'll get finished.

Personally, my game idea includes needing the editor to work in game... So, I'm probably not included in that pool unless I had the source.

Lots of others would probably be happy though.

So, is it indoor only, or indoor/outdoor?
What kinds of features?
Is it compatible with Blitzwerks terrain? If it's not, you may want to consider adding that option if you hope to sell it. Popular plugin right now.

EDIT:
Just noticed that you mentioned CShop. The character animation builder? If it works with actual modeling/animation, then there is one program being worked on that does something in that genre.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170674&b=8
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2011 11:09
Quote: "Just noticed that you mentioned CShop. The character animation builder?"

I think it must be Cartography Shop being referred to.

Good luck with it, I hope you get your motivation back

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2011 20:48
Good luck, It sounds great.

======================================

GreenDixy Productions http://GreenDixy.Com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:26:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:26:41