Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Big confusing problems here.. It is relating to text and it may be hard to solve.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 01:56
Hi,
Well I have this battle menu going on. Looks pretty spiffy and everything. Well the problem is the text is acting very weird when I do stuff. Here is the code:

Ok here is my problem. The problem only appears to happen in DBC though. Tried in the pro demo and it works fine.
When you click the Attack option it works normal. The problem comes in when you click the Item and Magic portion of the menu. Oh if I forgot to mention, the code also works fine when running code straight from DBC. The problems come from the standalone executable.
Well anyways, When you click the Item and menu portion, the mouseclick portion variables start blinking between default size and the set size. Its crazy because it doesnt do this when you click the Attack. It uses the same code but yet same.

IanM recommended that I used the Get Image command for all my text because changing text sizes is know to have errors. I would do that but I dont know how to use the Get Image command for text.

Terabyte recommended that I fixed up my syncs a little. I dont know what it has to do with syncs.

Please if you can help my problem please do. The added files are the ones that came with DBC and can be deleted with no problem.

Please anyone who can please help.. BTW: Comment on my work.

Thanks
Nicolas

*Current Project: Untitled RPG
*Working With: Vash the Stampede 815
*Future Number: Eleventy
PoHa!84
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 02:12
I copied your program. I looks very nice, and I didn't get any problems with it when I ran it in Dark Edit. (That's what I use now... I don't know if it makes a difference... probably not...)

Destroy you with my mind, I could!
. Cool, he is. Play his games, I do.
KNau
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 04:25
Generally the workaround I'm familiar with is to use a SYNC between each time you change text sizes. For example:

SET TEXT SIZE 14
TEXT 20,0,"Size 14"
SYNC
SET TEXT SIZE 22
TEXT 40,0,"Size 22"

http://www.canceriannewmedia.com
The Lone Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 05:08
Thanks guys for the help...
Worked except I got one more small problem. All text is good except, at the beginning where it says

That seems to be staying at size 10 system font.

Why is that please let me know.

Thanks
Nicolas

*Current Project: Untitled RPG
*Working With: Vash the Stampede 815
*Future Number: Eleventy
KNau
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 05:11
Try using TEXT instead of PRINT. I've never been able to get the PRINT statement to accept fonts or sizes.

http://www.canceriannewmedia.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 06:37:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 06:37:54