Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Colorize or Color Blend Sprites , is it possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2011 18:44
Hello ,

I am creating my battle system of my game and I would like when , I am attacking my monsters then will become red , which means you have hit them.

In fact is there any way to colorize the sprite or color blend it , with out need to load another colorized sprite.
Or is it possible some sprite become darker or lighter , no light effect , in fact color blending with more black color , become darker and color blending with white color become lighter.

For example:
I hit the monster and became red because I was hit it.
My monster is far from me in the dungeon and I am making it little darker and player doesn't recognize it well because is already very dark.
I cast freeze spell in my monsters , then , the monster is frozen and looses its colors and have light blue ,gray colorized colors because is frozen.
And any kind of nice color blending effects with monsters and environment.

Thank you.

Is there any plugin to do this , because , I didn't found any color blending functions for sprites (I thing)

Thank you...
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2011 20:21 Edited at: 3rd May 2011 21:01
I thing , may I found the solution myself.

set sprite diffuse function might does the work I want.

This function solved my problem and might solves and the blinking
effect.

Thank you...

I wast expected to find this function as colorize sprite or as set sprite blend , but nevermind I found that I want.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:29:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:29:10