Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Pod 9 version 1.1 (re-release)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2011 00:50
I wasn't sure where I should put this, sorry! It's an FPSC game release, but it's technically a re-release; I first released this game back in 2007. Having said that, onto Pod 9!

Pod 9 is a five-level FPS game where you assume the role of an engineer onboard a massive cargo spaceship, called the "Belerephon." After having cruised for space for a while, aliens attack the ship, wreaking havoc on your fellow crewmembers. But there's more to this story than meets the eye!

Download Link (freeware)

The original version of Pod 9 was released in February of 2007 (thread). The game was made entirely using stock media from FPSC X9, and suffered from the myriad of troubles that the older versions of the engine had. This updated version was created using FPSC X9 version 1.18.14, with a tremendous number of improvements over the original. Here are some comparative screenshots:

2007 Pod 9

2011 Pod 9

2007 Pod 9

2011 Pod 9

Other 2011 Pod 9 screenies

Fixes/ changes include better lightmapping, better shaders, more entities (all stock, save for one light fixture from Model Pack 3), better sound trigger placements, more health packs, more lives, more ammo, stronger weapons, slightly easier bosses (like, they can actually die now, lol), and general repairs, like falling through the world on level 5.

Known issues - You still die at the start of level 2. There was nothing I could do to fix that, even after completely rebuilding that room. Also, on level 5, the pod bays have a texture problem where you can see through the walls; collision is there, visuals of the ground and walls are not. Not sure why. But you can beat the game now, and I won't be upgrading it further!

I'm re-releasing Pod 9 because I'm starting work on a sequel to this game. It'll be a story-driven FPS game based on the loose story of Pod 9. More on that later though

Enjoy! Let me know what you think of the improvements!

In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe
trubkiller
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought it was ipod 9 lol,looks cool by the way
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2011 06:50
God, Matt, where did you go forever?

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2011 22:52
Heya Inspire! Long story lol, came back a few weeks ago though, just haven't been around the FPSC boards much

In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
looks pretty cool keep it up!!

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6489/scin1e.jpg
[/img]
Modern Vision Company
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2011 23:23 Edited at: 4th May 2011 23:53
Looks nice! "You still die at the start of level 2." I have that bug too. That very <MOD EDIT - THIS IS A FAMILY-FRIENDLY FORUM> me, because I can't play my game
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 18:00
Tried it,first two levels were cool,a bit of lag here and there,death at level 2 but it also crashes for me at the monster growl in level 2.

Otherwise cool lighting and use of stock.

Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
It's nice as you used the effects and the features of new version of FPSC.
But some problems:
1.In these screens:
source

There are red lights without any source.
2.In the last screen the water tank is not like any other model in that scene and it's not coordinate and it's not the art of game designing.
3.In the second screen the monitors(consoles)are in a bad place and it's not real.You can imagine they are real and you wanna use them you can't easily do it and it's hard.
4.In the corridor in the first screen we can't see any detail and it's not good.
5.Again in the last picture there is no source for lights.
6.I think you used the "Best for quality" lighting system and in the following screen it seems that there is a glass where I put the red arrows:

As I didn't play the game I can't tell you more problems.
I hope you fix them to make a very nice game.

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:55:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:55:33