Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / mac and pc

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i bought the latest special bonanza and the disk arrived today but the disk wouldnt run on my macbook pro or i mac so now im gonna have to buy boot camp for my mac to run it becuase i dont have a windows computer in the house im not gonna rant about this but of a moderator sees it i woould like for someone to take into account the idea of not just being able to play the game on macs like they have already but to be able to make them on mac as well

thanks for reading if you have
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 09:33
Hi, unfortunately I don't think any of the programs bundled in the Dark Game Studio work on mac os x but require windows. I'm not sure how well DarkBASIC Pro/Classic or FPSC will work on a mac running windows as the system requirements say that it will not work under PC emulation. So if it runs under bootcamp awesome but if it doesn't then you will need to buy a pc.

A clever person solves a problem, a wise person avoids it - Albert Einstein
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 10:37
Try boot camp and let us know or if anyone else has tried it.

======================================

GreenDixy Productions http://GreenDixy.Com
blue fire games
Years of Service
User Offline
i will also the irony is remembered i have a netbook in my basement soomewhere i got it out and the netbook like most netbooks dont have a dvd drive so i might end up having to get one i can plug in to my netbook from ebay and my netbook might not be able to run dark basic for all i know and if that doesnt work and boot camp doesnt work i miht have to buy a laptop or pc meaning this software which would of cost me 31 pound to get would then end up costing m about 800 quid if you include a copy of windows 7 for boot camp am i lucky
CodeKilla
Years of Service
User Offline
i am using DB pro on my mac boot camp and it works fine you dnt need to buy boot camp it is already on your system
blue fire games
Years of Service
User Offline
i know but i need a copy of windows 7 xp or vista
blue fire games
Years of Service
User Offline
but thank for telling me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:39:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:39:11