Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / My Space Invaders getting there

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 18:35
Hi To all

OK i am now getting some were with DBC and my space invaders as you can see from the code I can now place the invader and the space ship on the screen with movemet Great but I am having problem understanding RND so i can have the space ship appering at random and the moving across the screen to the other side. The other problem I have is the invader gos from one side of the screen to the other and when it reaches the bottom it goes of the screen which i do not under stand But i will try and see if i can fix that.
just need help with the space ship
code is below

Spam UK
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 19:56
I have a fully working space invaders game with everything except baddies-movement, and random spaceships appearing - you can have the code if you want it - then incorp what you've done into it

-RUST-
Ian Hughes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 21:28
Hi
Thanks for you post
Yes do you mine I can then try and learn from it how can i get the downloed from or can you email it to me

ianjohn.hughes@ntlworld.com

Cheers
ian

Spam UK
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 01:16
I will post it on my site soon.

-RUST-
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 01:27 Edited at: 17th Oct 2003 01:55
ok, go to http://home.nyc.rr.com/madtek/ to download the source code. Just unzip to your projects directory and you can open in DB Pro.

it's the framework for the game using primitives but it has audio. You can modify it with your own graphics, and enhance it to make the baddies move/drop

Let me know how it goes - or what you think
Peace

ps-my version is in 3d, not 2d

-RUST-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 06:52:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 06:52:37