Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The time comes, once again ...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 01:23
... for me to sheepishly plug my new tune. You guys are always a lot more up for giving feedback than most other places. And you also speak your minds. No ball lickers here! ahem. You either like it, or you don't and even those of you who don't have a clue what you're talking about still tell me you love it or hate it! That's what forums are all about.

So check out Scimitar at http://www.kontact-kru.com/Fallout-Scimitar.mp3. It's an atmospheric trip really. Emphasis is on the pace generated by the drum work, and the atmosphere created by the arabian influences. Also, there's a bit of a metaphor with the light and dark contrast. Nothing too original. Just all out drum'n'bass atmosphere. Should be a good one to drift off to.

Insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 01:58
I like it, very good

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 02:01
I dig the tune, good job! As a musician I have one comment, "thicken" the bass drum (drop some treble out of it) and lower it's volume a little (like a "heartbeat") I just feel it's way too "forward" and is detracting from the "trippy-mood" the rest of the music has. Just my opinion tho - let me know if you agree.

-RUST-
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 03:39
Nah, I don't agree, otherwise I wouldn't've made it as strong as it is. But I do definitely appreciate your opinion and feedback, and I can see where you're coming from. I definitely wanted to make this track drum lead though, so I kept some impact in most of the drum elements.

Cheers for the feedback though.

Insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!
Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 04:08
Aaaargh! That music is addictive!
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Now that, is the kind of music I listen to. Nice job, I'll have to tell my bro to give it a listen...he has a site at mp3.com. You can check him out (www.mp3.com/talldudex)

SW Games - www.freewebs.com/swgames

Yeah, I know, I only have one game. Yeah, I know it sucks. But I made it! Me!
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 05:35

-RUST-
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 15:51
i agree with CattleRustler