Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help using the For To commands and Next in My item menu... may be a hard question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 06:28
Hi,
As some of you know I've been trying to make a good item menu. Well I have this code that IanM and Blazer helped me make. It worked good and I added too it a lot. Here is my code:

Well that is my full little code I got going so far. Here is where my "Problem" is. I want to change the ifs where I have if mouseclick or if shiftkey yadayadayada, to the mouseclick code:

Well at least a mouselick code thats like that that gets the job done. I want to move the mouse over and get rollover but when I click the item it does what I want. Here is where I am stuck. I dont know what I would replace x,y with if I dont have an x,y because I use

for i=1 to 10
text 10,i*35,"Empty"
next i

Well something like that.. Well anyway it has no x,y. I need a mouselick that will work wherever that specific item pops up. I hope you follow what I am saying.
Like if Potion is in spot one and you move mouse over it turns green and it exits. Maybe you run out of that item, get a different item and then get potion again. Potion is now in spot 2, and I would still like potion to have green rollover and exit when clicked.

How would I do this with "For To, Next" statements?

Thanks for the help
Nicolas

*Current Project: Untitled RPG
*Working With: Vash the Stampede 815
*Future Number: Eleventy
The Lone Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 17:32
Anyone Know?

Nicolas

*Current Project: Untitled RPG
*Working With: Vash the Stampede 815
*Future Number: Eleventy
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 19:20
It is possible, just hard to figure out, just bump the post occasionlly, someone will answer

Knowladge Belongs To The People...
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 20:31
Just use that other piece of code I gave to you the other day to lay out clickable areas ...
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 21:08
I'm not sure exactely what you wanted, but I made the code do rollovers and the number of items decreases if you click on one.

BTW, do you understand that text menu I gave you now?

Brains are for idiots.

Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 06:49:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 06:49:34