Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark AI - random movement

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 05:07
I am creating a path intending on an entity patroling it. But the behavior I am seeing is, the entity moves to a point, stops, then randomly turns circles (not always though), hesitates, and then moves toward the next point. It then does it again at the next point, and so on. Here are the points:

Any ideas?

Russell B. Davis/aerostudios
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 23:08
You need to set his destination as the furthest point, and set the look-ahead to be quite short. This will make hiom walk directly to the far point without hesitating, but via the intermediary points.

Here's the tutorial I wrote some time ago about fine tuning AI behaviour...

http://www.thegamecreators.com/pages/newsletters/newsletter_issue_43.html#8

aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 23:16
How exactly do I do what you suggest? I see you just cut and pasted the same line from the documentation. But, that doesn't explain the process. I read the post you mentioned, but did not find an answer. So here is my code, can you tell me what I have left out or perhaps have written wrong? Thanks.

So what happens is the entity moves rather erratically, stops at each point, turns various directions, moves to the next point and does the same thing again.

aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 18:00
Disregard, I figured it out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:43:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:43:34