Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] Subject-80 ***Commercial***

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 02:01 Edited at: 1st Jun 2011 00:38
Subject-80

Developer Purple-Face-Games (ME)

Release Date: August 2011

Price: £5.99/ $5.99 on Distribution Portals, £8.99 / $8.99 On Website

Genre A First Person Puzzle Game (yeah thats right, A non shooter!!!!

Where will the game be distributed? All Majour Portals, Plus website & "EXTREME EDITIONS" Boxed for a certain price plus postage by mail order.

Game website www.purplefacegames.com

Story

You play as subject 80, a prisoner who has been given a chance to earn his freedom, just like 79 men before him.

The warden has realised his prison is over populated and to get rid of the overpopulation problem he has devised a plan that will either kill off his problem or set his problem free.....

The only thing is the likely hood of any of the prisoners being set free is low, and the death rate is high.

Warden Richards has put you, subject 80, into the test chamber, and now you will be put to test your limits, both physically and mentally, the chances of freedom are low, but the chance is still their, so its up to you to take that chance.

You will be tested through an assault course of near impossible obstacles, some will be deadly, others will be Near impossible but one thing that’s certain is each test will get you closer to the ultimate test, the test that will earn you a position as the first inmate to beat the warden, to beat the odds, to beat the SYSTEM!

Cut scenes? PLENTY!!!

Will Forum members get a special discount? Yeah, the discounted product will be announced on here, just for TGC Members as a thank you, and my way of giving back to the community

Will their be a beta.: BETA TEST SLOTS ARE CLOSED NOW, SPACES HAVE BEEN FILLED

will their be a pre-order? yes details here soon

Screens (warning, this game is in alpha, and screens are placeholders, plus this game is set in task rooms, so its a bit "portal plain" lol

screen 1

screen 2

Screen 3

screen 4

Sorry for the huge post, but i wanted people to be able to know as much about the game as possible.

Their will be screenshot updates and gameplay videos aswell, also trailers for the game, here is the official teaser trailer:

http://youtu.be/ObRrYQQcvGI

Thanks

Deathkon 3000 is no longer in production..... and no their was no "curse" its just the fact i couldnt be botherd!
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 02:05
Ooh, sounds nice! I'd be glad to test for you!

The screens don't show much, but the trailer looked pretty good. Not a fan of the simple white text/black background, though.

Cheesehead for life.
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 02:09
Yeah sorry about that, the thing is, screens dont realy justify a puzzle game, also i dont want to give away too much of the gameplay, but ill just have to bite the bullet and show some puzzles!

Ill put your name down as a BETA Tester

Thanks

Deathkon 3000 is no longer in production..... and no their was no "curse" its just the fact i couldnt be botherd!
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 02:13
You could do a Portal approach and release little animated things showing off the game, but not showing actual gameplay? That could work, maybe.

Cheesehead for life.
WallyWombatTWW
Years of Service
User Offline
I wouldn't mind Beta Testing this game, I've always wanted to try a well made puzzle game made with the FPSC. I wish you guys the best of luck!

Well you see I...ummm....
Wiggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 02:26
I would like to test you game, if you don't mind! It sounds very fun.

Life is no fun when every thing works out as you planned it.
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 02:28
Quote: "You could do a Portal approach and release little animated things showing off the game, but not showing actual gameplay? That could work, maybe.
"

What did they do egsactly? what was shown and not shown?

Quote: "I would like to test you game, if you don't mind! It sounds very fun."

Okay ill put your name down

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 05:57 Edited at: 26th May 2011 06:00

Obviously for this game, you wouldn't have a humorous trailer, but something like that, maybe.

Cheesehead for life.
King Cobra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 14:17
Your game and the trailer looks fantastic to me!

I would soo buy this game. It looks interesting!!

Good job! And best of luck to you!

--King Cobra
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 15:57
Quote: "Sorry for the huge post, but i wanted people to be able to know as much about the game as possible"

Well, every screen seems to look almost exactly the same. But I think you propably ment the story, so:
The story sounds good for what it is, but who really would allow this warden's plan? Or is he doing it in secret and you will find something horrid out about him? Also, the story seems more like a setup, just like Portal, for a second game (like Portal 2). Now some nitpicks:
Quote: "You play as subject 80, a prisoner who has been given a chance to earn his freedom, just like 80 men before him"

If he's the subject 80,then shouldn't there be only 79 men before him?
Quote: "some will be deadly, others will be impossible but one thing that’s certain is each test will get you closer to the ultimate test"

If some of the tests are impossible, then how can you get forward to the following tests?

But that's just nitpicking. I hope you have good luck with this.

Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 17:01 Edited at: 26th May 2011 17:10
Quote: "I wouldn't mind Beta Testing this game, I've always wanted to try a well made puzzle game made with the FPSC. I wish you guys the best of luck!"

Your name will be put on the list, thanks for the intrest

Quote: "Your game and the trailer looks fantastic to me!

I would soo buy this game. It looks interesting!!

Good job! And best of luck to you!
"

we hope that opinion stays the same through out the games development, and we thank you for your intrest

Quote: "The story sounds good for what it is, but who really would allow this warden's plan? Or is he doing it in secret and you will find something horrid out about him? Also, the story seems more like a setup, just like Portal, for a second game (like Portal 2)"

The depth of the story will obviousley be seen in the game, but the warden is hiding a secrete, which will be discoverd in the game its self, which ties the story together... And their will not be a sequal, this is a one time game, sort of hard to make a sequal to a game where you have to escape prison through tests, once the conclusion of the first game is revealed, would be pointless, but if theirs a just reason for a sequal and people want to see one then i dont see why their may not be a post prison story to wrap it up.

Quote: "If he's the subject 80,then shouldn't there be only 79 men before him? "

Typo..... Thanks for spotting that

Quote: "If some of the tests are impossible, then how can you get forward to the following tests? "

Another Typo.... But on a side not, NOTHINGS IMPOSSIBLE

Thank you for all your feedback

More to come soon

And @ Le Short, i know what you mean now, awsome idea, ill see what we can do

Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 18:40 Edited at: 26th May 2011 18:41
I have a small idea.
As the corridor in screens doesn't seem for public then unlit all lights and the player has to turn on the lights first(from another are) then go to it and if the player doesn't turn on the light will fall dawn as can see nothing.

And use shaders for better graphical result.
How you made the cut scenes?
By recording from FPSC or using another program like 3DMax?
Can you put a part of the gameplay which includes a cut scene?
By doing this more people will buy it.

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 18:59
@ have our guns

The cut scenes are shot using fpsc, but edited in a way that makes them look profesional, The game play video will include the first 2 tasks in them, to show off the game play and so on.

The game is far from complete so the screens are a bad example but are mandatory for WIP requirements, expect more videos and so on.

thanks for your advice

Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 21:54
I would be glad to test for you if there are spaces left, the screenies look ACE however.

All alone in my room, haven't been outside since 1992.

Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 23:59 Edited at: 27th May 2011 00:00
Quote: "
I would be glad to test for you if there are spaces left, the screenies look ACE however.
"

Yeah thats fine, we'll sign you up, i believe theirs one space left after yours.

Thanks for your invested intrest!

defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2011 04:02 Edited at: 28th May 2011 04:04
I currently am a tester for a portal mod called Factum Solus, I would not mind beta test for you.

Also, the story you chose, I like it.

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2011 19:09
Okay mate, ill add ur name, All beta slots are taken now.

defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2011 05:59
Btw the email I mainly use is yoda rules all (at) hotmail (dot) com ( remove the spaces and add in the .com and @ sign at the appropriate spaces)

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2011 18:17 Edited at: 31st May 2011 15:57
@ defiler

duley noted

UPDATE

Aswell as the single player mode, we have also intergreated the great FPSC IP in our project, which will obviously grant us the abillity for a more complete game play feel, with a multiplayer mode!

more info on the multiplayer mode to come, such as an introduction video of such, and so on, thanks for your support!

Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 00:17
Email:

All alone in my room, haven't been outside since 1992.

Dracware
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 16:56
Looks awesome. Even the trailer. i would love to test this!
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
What trailer?

Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 22:08
Quote: "What trailer?
"

Blind much? At the very bottom of the page...

You can call me Adam.

Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2011 00:36
Quote: "Looks awesome. Even the trailer. i would love to test this! "

unfortutley the beta slots are closed but ill let you off, ill sign u up mate. thats it though no more slots!

EyEpatch Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2011 09:40
Tralier looks good, and the screens look... well interesting, you have done a good job here and I will be following this, I like the fact that you made a (non shooter) but made it look like a (shooter) well done here
Xinz
Years of Service
User Offline
The screenshots, look like something, from "Half-life". But anyways it looks preety cool, keep up the good work. (:
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2011 02:17
It looks ok, but there are a number of things I'm not keen on.

For a start, I don't like the light placement. It looks like you've tried to cover every inch of wall with a light which looks cluttered. The red lights don't seem to have sources and the chosen colours clash a bit.

The layout of the corridor isn't very logical - a huge corridor with a window randomly placed in one wall? It looks ugly and suggests lazy level design.

That leads onto the main problem - The screen shows nothing but a huge corridor... boring. Walking down a huge corridor is not fun. If this is a puzzle game, I want to see puzzles!

You should also consider increasing your lightmapping quality etc before taking the screens - The lighting is blocky at the moment because your settings are low. You need to put on the highest graphical settings to see how your computer (and many others) will handle it. You should also apply shaders to your light sources.

It looks ok, but I'm not seeing anything that will suggest a commercial quality game... yet. Keep at it!
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2011 05:37 Edited at: 19th Jul 2011 05:42
hello their, after a huge hiatas from the forums, we have our gameplay video out now, so feel free to comment on the video and tell us what you think, as for the comments on screens, we understand everyones obsession with screens on here, but quite frankly if we gave too may screenshots away, we would spend more time on here then creating the game, we hope you like the game play video and look forward to everyones critics.

as for beta testing, all testsers will recieve an email in the next week with details on the testing witch starts next week.

thanks

Link to Gameplay Trailer :

http://youtu.be/i1Hv7WaZSI0

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2011 13:57 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2011 14:00
I dont wanna say this but I think maybe its will help you alot.

The gameplay of the game is really cool but the lighting colour was boring.Some segment texture was bad and I think you need to retexture or maybe get the new texture for the segment.The design was normal but its need to improve.So can this game would be sell?.

I would say yes.This will be your best commercial game because in my experience on game designing,I think the gameplay is very fun and challenging.So well done.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude And Lee Bamber is my icon.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2011 23:52
ok my crits:

i honestly think that the game isnt ready to be commercial.

Your talking about a non-shooter fps, although in the gameplay i see quite some guns and shooting. I also see some scifi props and modern day props, in what time is this game playing ?

Also the Lighting and overal level design could use some more work. Sometimes you use a 2 segments high room, and give the same texture on the segment below and above, this way it sometimes looks all quite repetitive (dunno if this is a real word lol)

I saw the gameplayey trailer, not bad, but i was wondering with how much fps you player the game because in the trailer, the fps looks quite low

good luck!

Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2011 19:22
Hey everybody

Its been a very long time since i updated the post aout this game. We forwarded the game to many publishers like steam and impulse but unfortanatley we did not succeed in getting the game published commercially. it came to our attention that maybe the vision of the project was lost and we sort of went against the grain with what we thought would be a sure fire success.

we dint realise how plain the game looked and have only our selves to blame for trying to rush a game that could have been fun but ended up being just a deadline

that being said we have decided to go forth and release the game for free on our website. we did have some success in selling the game on disc in our local games shop, shifting 300 copies in a week, but the time has come to admit defeat and put the game up for freeware distribution.

we see some good in this game. it has allowed us to craft our skills at putting something together that is playable. the most important thing we have learned is make games for the fun and passion of the project not the bottom line. coz if we do succeed in making a game that is evedently fun and passionatly crafted then the bottom line shall sort its self out.

we will put a download link on the website and here if you guys are intrested in finding out how the full game played.

Please leave a comment if you wish detailing if the community would find time and a place for this game

we hope to here from you all soon.

Luis samways
purpleface games

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if this tips will helped you but I tried it 1 years ago and Its worked.

Tips
After you completed your game,go to your neighbour house who have a PC and give demo to the them.So if your games for kids so give it to the kids and if your games for teen give it to the teen to played it and so on.After their finish played the demo,talk to them what need to be improve.If they hated don't sad or hesitate just said thanks to them.

Anyway I think this is fun game for kids and teen.If you have another project,I will see it and remember don't give up.

Offtopic

I like to play Angry Bird haha

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 18:37
thanks for the tip

[url="http://raptr.com/k2indahouse?src=em_forum"][/url]
kulet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2011 05:56
Making a puzzle game is really difficult so I salute you for that, however, I find your screenshots a bit repetitive and maybe you could improve the lighting and the level design. I am not saying that it is bad but, jut a bit of improvement.

-kulet

click the banner! =)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:02:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:02:57