Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Are the upgrades only for fps 9

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2011 04:26
ARe the upgrades only for fps 9 and not fpsX10? Thanks guys
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2011 08:24
Which upgrades...?

Cheesehead for life.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2011 21:55
yes lee drop x10 long ago. I wish they would take down the x10 order. its pretty dumb to sale a program they dont support anymore. at least if people were to buy fpscx9 it would be cheaper. sorry for the disappointment.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Norion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2011 22:03
I hope the DON'T take down the X10 order because i don't have it yet.

N.

sorry for my english i'm an alien
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 01:14
Quote: "yes lee drop x10 long ago. I wish they would take down the x10 order. its pretty dumb to sale a program they dont support anymore. at least if people were to buy fpscx9 it would be cheaper. sorry for the disappointment."

Some people still use it and you can use the X10 code to unlock FPSC Free, so it's not like people who buy X10 don't get access to all the updates of X9.

Your sig has been redacted by...
JoeyOsoGood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 05:10
It is so easy to say well hey I can use my x10 to unlock the other copy but if I would of known that I would have spent only 30 bucks for it plus would have gotten 5 model packs plus use that extra money to buy other model packs. Isn't that not right that they do not state that it is no longer supported? Doesn't that also mean that eventually fpsc9 will be better than x10?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 31st May 2011 06:30
I haven't heard anything from TGC about not supporting X10. Did I miss it or is it just some people saying that because there hasn't been an update?

Brian.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 06:31
Quote: "I haven't heard anything from TGC about not supporting X10. Did I miss it or is it just some people saying that because there hasn't been an update?"

It's been officially dropped, yeah. If I could find the post/email/whatever it was, I'll put it up here...

Cheesehead for life.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 06:37
I don't see anything about that on the X10 website and a forum search turns up nothing. Are you telling me that they "Officially" dropped support for it in an email? Can someone shine more light on this?

Brian.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 07:23 Edited at: 31st May 2011 07:28
they said it in fpsc chat Official FPSC Migration Discussion Thread
[/quote]Quote: "We are not planning anything else for X10, as it stands on it's own as a game creator for DirectX 10 and Windows Vista. All new features moving forward will be through X9, with many of these features planned as a free update. X10 users will also be able to use their X10 serial codes to activate the free version of X9 so they can also enjoy the benefits of FPSC development moving forward. We have also released the X10 source code on the website for those who wish to take the engine in a different direction. It is much better for a small team like us to focus on a single code base, and the current X9 V117 internal version is already superior to X10 in a number of ways including realistic talking characters, better DarkAI scripting, backwards compatible with PS 2.0 (for low-spec PC compatibility) and a gamut of new features from various enthusiast mods. Hope this gives you more insight into what we are planning for the future."

@JoeyOsoGood

yes you could have payed only 30 bucks. this is the reason why they need to close the order form or at least some type of warning for new comers.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
JoeyOsoGood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 07:43
I just sent a letter to the site complaining about this. I also asked them, how are they going to keep customers coming back doing things like this? This is just not cool at all on their part. This has put such a sour taste in my mouth with them.
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 08:05
Quote: "Are you telling me that they "Officially" dropped support for it in an email? "

Something like that, yeah. Michael's post gives the quote.

Cheesehead for life.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 15:21
Nowhere does it say that they dropped support for their product. You should understand the difference between support and development.

Brian.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 16:59
part of support would be updates with bug fixes. development would be a work in progress like new features. Dx10 is no longer supported or in development. But if you want make fpsc x10 better you can use the mod kit and take development in your own hands. Microsoft is supporting dx9 & dx11. once window7 gains full support by everyone owning a 64bit system dx9 will no longer be updated as well. At bestbuy they only sell 64bit systems. the same thing happen when dvds got to the point where they can drop VHS and put no more movies on them.the same thing with flat screen TVs they slowly get everyone to buy it then that it no more box TVs. everyone Xp computer got to break in time.So like everyone electric you had to replace the time you are in a store for a new computer there is a 64bit with your name on it. part of support is development.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 18:34
Quote: "You should understand the difference between support and development."

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
they will support certain errors of the original x10 engine, lee is working as we speak on the underwater fog colour problem for me so in a while we should hopefully get a beta or an update of that bug fix. go to google code my issue number is 71. its already been accepted and started on. so they do as xplosy says do support the bug fixing, just not advancing the software like x9.we will have to do that ourselves. so in answer

ANY ORIGINAL ENGINE BUGS FOUND WILL BE FIXED

JUST DO NOT EXPECT ANY NEW ADDITIONS LIKE PARICLE EFFECTS, SPEECH ETC.
S.B.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2011 13:18
@science boy
check the bug list lee reply. the other bug reported was already known and I have a work around for it. the other one he might fix.

@xplosys I Know.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
@ micheal x

hey there, so youi have a work around for one of the bugs.

any info on any be good.

my specs should cover it though
hd5850
quadcore at 2.22
3gbram so i would not call it low spec to get thetexture issue

anyway any info be grand cheers micheal x

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2011 18:04 Edited at: 4th Jun 2011 18:08

this bug is cause by using to many of the same textures. try using different tree models or take the same model make copy's of it. just copy the fpe like the fpe file for the tree is call tree same fpe but call the next one tree2 next one tree3. this will fool fpsx10 in thinking you are using different models and texture. when all you are doing is using different fpe file but you are using the same model and texture over and over again. you may say this use more momery but it does not. i have build a very big level with fpsc x10 it has lot of momery.

as for the water color
lee says
The fog issue is a likely result of the load game not updating the fog colour.

I at time dont use the water but I will look into it.

my graphic cards
nvidia gf 9800gtx 1gb due core 4gbram vista
nvidia gf 460 gtx 1gb quad core 8gbram 7

o I forgot to say use fpe tree1 5 times than fpe tree2 5 times and so on.

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:27:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:27:33