Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Help with locating setup.ini + DarkEdit.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello TGC Forums!

A long time ago I bought DarkBASIC and attempted to use it but failed as I was only 11/12 and had no patience (stupid little kid syndrome I believe!). But i\'m more serious this time around and have started the tutorials available on the forums, i\'ve found it mentions DarkEdit to improve the usability (it is quite old software after all!) and a fix for the flashing white screen bug when executing code. I\'ve searched the forums and found no answers to these questions.

So to shorten this:

Where is this setup.ini file? I have scowered every single folder in DarkBASIC and cannot find it anywhere. Even searched the forums for more info and got nothing.

Where can I download DarkEdit (Or a similar piece by TDK)? Again I searched for this info but found nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated, hope i\'ll be seeing more of everyone on here than last time!

Oh forgive the 10 year old Username, was in a rush back then ^_^

-Andrew.

KL
Mulderman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 12:23 Edited at: 9th Jun 2011 12:27
You can get DarkEdit from here, yl76 post:

Hit the red Download button.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170238&b=10&msg=2016711#m2016711

BTW, why you need setup.ini?
It belongs to setup program (installer), it's not needed for DarkEdit.

If your installer is screwed and you bought it, then you should be able to download new copy again. Or you got it with CD?
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 15:15 Edited at: 9th Jun 2011 15:16
The setup.ini file I believe is in the same directory as DB.exe

Also, why DBC? Come join me on the dark side of the force, and learn the true power of DBPro! (DBPro is free now)

TheComet

dark basic rules
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much for the link!

I was encountering issues with the white screen flashing when executing code, I searched the forums and a solution was to make sure it was in the same folder as DB.exe as The Comet said.

Oh man it's free? I bought DBC =( oh well too late for a refund... thanks for the heads up though.

I'm using Binary Moons tutorial, so i'll stick with DBC for now. Baby steps!

KL
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
@dark basic rules

Welcome back!

For the flashing setup.ini info, check out these two links:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=179395&b=10

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=177465&b=10

And I'm attaching a few DBC aps that are fun to mess around with including DarkEdit:

DarkEdit1.56
MateEdit
levelmaker3d
MagicWorld

Enjoy your day.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 10:15:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 10:15:24