Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / I can't enter the Alienware Competition

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just read the rules.

11. You cannot submit a game that relies on the Internet or a LAN in order to play it (i.e. a multi player networked game).

That blows. Oh well this is the Two Flags radar:

The more you see, the more you know.
The more you know, the more you see.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2003 03:33
Yeah yeah, I bet if the compo had REQUIRED an Internet/LAN game you wouldn't have entered anyway

moan moan

"It's easy to be mean when death equals a high score screen."
"You can take your Quake and go away, I'd rather play Bubble Bobble any day."
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2003 04:59
Looks fun. But really, the rules were simple and explicit, people should read them before desigining their game .

If you really want to enter yours, make some rudimentary AI.

(And make sure the alien's in there!)

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

A very nice %it, indeed.
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
I seriously thought about that Mouse, the rules ar fairly simple but the AI programming would be too complex.

The Rules:

You and up to four opponents each start at a perimeter base with nothing. There are 10 flags located in the center of the arena, two each red, orange, yellow, green and blue. The goal is simple: be the first contestant to return two flags of the same color to base.

You can have any one of three possible conditions: Rock, Scissors and Paper. Your conditions are color coded to you, and are initially located in the center of the arena. To become conditioned simply touch the desired condition and click your button to pick it up. You can drop the condition by clicking the button a second time. You can not pick up the same condition twice consecutively. While conditioned if you come into contact with another contestant that is also conditioned and you both have different conditions, then one of you must drop whatever is being carried. The Rock Scissors Paper rules apply. Rock defeats Scissors; Scissors defeats Paper; Paper defeats Rock.

While conditioned you can only move at 2/3 speed.

To be able to carry a flag you must be conditioned. To pick up a flag, click your button while touching it. You can drop the flag by clicking the button. You can also pick it up again.

While carrying a flag you can only move at 1/3 speed.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2003 20:00
That sounds like a very original game. Kind of inspires me to make a game out of the rules that occured to me a few days ago. Nothing compared to yours of course-- my ideas tend to be rather derivative

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

A very nice %it, indeed.
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
Not too original. Ever hear of 'capture the flag'? This is a derivative.

Maybe I'll knock up a 2D demo version based on this radar graphic.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 16:47:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 16:47:26