Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help with image loading and matrix texturing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to make my first 3d game. However when I try to load an image it says image could not load. The source code is below. The image I want is already loaded into the media section of the project. Any ideas as to what's going on. Also I'm a little confused on texturing a matrix. I know you have to prepare the matrix texture, but there's no command for texture matrix. What command should I be using to texture the matrix and how do I use it properly. Thanks.

-bandit
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
rem texture the matrix
load image "creep02.bmp",1
prepare matrix texture 1,1,1,1
fill matrix 1,0,1
load image "hell01.bmp",2
prepare matrix texture 2,2,2,2
fill matrix 2,1,1

thats out of my coding for test i find for me to learn i do it best by actually doing it and not reading others code unless i actually do it hehe....but anyhow

prepare matrix texture 2,2,2,2

is the command your looking for to texture your matrix the first number in the numbers for that command 2,2,2,2 the first 2 is the image number.

if you look at load image "hell01.bmp",2 thats the image coving the matrix

then fill matrix 2,1,1 will fill matrix 2 with image 2

BTW YOU CAN ONLY USE .BMP OR .X IMAGES FOR YOUR MATRIXES OR ANYOTHER TEXTURING! YOU CANNOT USE .JPG OR .GIF! thats part of your problem too hope that helps!

http://www.freewebs.com/ingamers
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
oh yeah btw go to my website and dowload somthing called "running2.zip" it will help you out alot with what you want to learn!

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2003 18:53 Edited at: 19th Oct 2003 18:55
You will need a SYNC command in your loop if you are going to see anything
{see source below}

[Edit] And the last line will never be executed because there is an endless loop above it. So, you might want to move the LOOP command down a line.
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah i don't think he's that much of a noob...but you never know everything needs a sync on and a

rem refresh screen
sync
loop

on every game but it only needs it once =)
(beginning type sync on end type sync and loop like displyed above)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 05:34:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 05:34:04