Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Can't Get Gravity to work, quite

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So here's the code I'm working on. At the moment jumping and suck work. I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to make it to add more floors above and below and have the character fall down to these levels. Any hints would be most appreciated.

Vitamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey brah,
For some reason, opening your code snippet closes my browser window. But anyway...gravity is a pain for 2D games IMO. The way I set it up is with a subroutine that goes through a for...next loop, checking for any platforms. It then compares the player's y coordinate and tries to match it with the platform's y coordinate, then does the same for x coordinates. If the player infringes any platform boundaries, the loop is exited and player.falling = false. A separate subroutine checks if player.falling = true; if it is, the player's y coordinate is increased.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2011 15:14
Yes, you can loop through all sprites and compare them to the players Y position:

Or you can check collision with any sprite with 1 command:

if sprite collision(player_sprite,0) then do stuff

TheComet

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:59:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:59:27