Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Basic Style AGK

Author
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jun 2011 08:13
i have a rude question to ask , if you dont mind explaning me something it will be great.

so im programming in C++ never really touched basic altough i translated some basic code to C++ here in the forums i wanted to know how do i handle classes or structs in AGK.
i rad something about typedef but dont really know what its all about it probably reminds of struct or something but can anyone like give me a good site or something about basic for begginers or something i dont know.. dont even know what to look for...

im building a project in C++ for AppGameKit so once it will be released all i'll have to do is translate and rebuild the artwork, already got the game running good and very fun and addicting to play with .. well you can see where i'm going just need to know how to translate it to BASIC -> AGK
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2011 08:52
If you buy Tier 2 then you can use c++ with AppGameKit, you don't need to translate it to the basic version (Tier 1) of AGK...

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jun 2011 08:57
true but and thats an important but , i dont want to wait till tier 2 release ... and learning a new langue is not bad
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jun 2011 09:09
btw what is the release date or how long will tier 2 will be released after tier 1?
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2011 10:36
Quote: "i dont want to wait till tier 2 release"

How do you know they won't be released at the same time?

Quote: "learning a new langue is not bad "

I agree with you there, it can be handy to have a few programming languages in your arsenal.

My c++ knowledge is very limited but I'm learning. As I see it, types are like classes except far more limited. You can only have variables in types but I believe they are adding arrays within types as well. But I don't think you can have functions as apart of types like you can in c++.

Quote: "btw what is the release date or how long will tier 2 will be released after tier 1? "

The latest I have heard is late July to early August and I have no idea about which one will be released first or if both will be released at the same time.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jun 2011 11:41
well i do hope that tier 2 will be presented at the same time as tier 1
but i hardly trust that instinct , tier 2 will probably be released some time after
and also i hope that both tiers will get the same amount of attention not like the diffrences between DBP and DGDK which lack of the support that DBP gets.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2011 12:50
Quote: "well i do hope that tier 2 will be presented at the same time as tier 1"

So do I

Quote: "and also i hope that both tiers will get the same amount of attention not like the diffrences between DBP and DGDK which lack of the support that DBP gets. "

I think different teams work on DBP and DGDK which results in a level of inconsistency. But this time around I think TGC is more experienced in developing a programming language now than when they released DBP in 2002. In short, then TGC was good, now TGC is great.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:56:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:56:59