Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / @APEXnow, problem with CSM Importer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2011 23:52 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2011 07:24
Hey Apex!
I just discovered a bug with the CSM Importer that you developed. I'm using the latest version of the importer. The bug lies with the pivot entities and groups; basically, pivot entities seem to attach themselves to the wrong mesh group.

I'm currently testing to see how I could make my own version of a pivot entity within my code, but I just wanted to let you know. I know you're very busy with life, but I'm more than willing to pay or make a PayPal donation to get this fixed.

Thank you much and hope the summer holidays are treating you well.
-Jeff

P.S. When I can I'll upload some sample maps and data to illustrate the problem.

EDIT: Two images that show the problem.

This shows what happens when a pivot - when grouped with another mesh - is in the map. The person is 'in the air'

(tagtest1.csm)

This shows how the map is supposed to be. There is no pivot on in the map at all.

(tagtest2.csm)

I also attached the map files I used for the screenshots, with included textures.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2011 12:34
I'll download the assets and take look, see what's going on.

Paul.

anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2011 18:28
Hey Apex! Thank you very much!
I'm not sure how you programmer the CSM importer, but I cannot fathom this being a difficult bug to fix. Anyway, thank you for looking at this.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2011 19:44
I've loaded up the maps into CS4, and have seen the entities for your padestrians, but from what I can see, this could be a mapping location of your actual models rather than the grouping of the maps. Are you able to provide me a bit more detail on how you're calling the functions from the importer? I know this should be easy to sort out, but at the moment, it's not so obvious as to where the problem appears to be occurring.

Paul.

anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2011 20:47 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2011 00:42
Hey Apex!
There is a pivot entity in the first map grouped along with the graffiti tag. As to your question with the pedestrians, all I do is find the entity x,y,z and place a model there. I don't know what more to say, if there is a pivot entity grouped together with that graffiti mesh, everything gets shifted. No pivot, it works fine.

I also have AI data that gets built from some of the meshes in the maps. I can still run around, hit walls, and jump and such. But when the pivot is there, its Just that some of the meshes aren't positioned correctly :/ I mean, the AI system builds them correctly in the correct spots, they're just positioned wrong when rendering.

I'm at the beach on my phone right now, I'll post more info later if needed

EDIT: I just sent you my source code for the app. It's a mess (my apologies ) But with the two levels above that you downloaded, you can see exactly what happens when you load them into the app.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-10 07:23:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-10 07:23:19