Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Other - Code DB - Helpful tool built in Microsoft Access

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Everyone,

Awhile ago I built a little program to help organize all of my code snippets and such that I had accumulated. I know that probably most "old timers" have something similar but I thought I would share what I had made with everyone.

I am leaving it open to change whatever anyone wants so if you know/want to change this into a different language (like vb or c++) feel free to hack away.

I went ahead and left all of the vba and api snippets in there that I have accumulated so if anyone needs those, feel free to use them for whatever, no strings attached.

ps. If someone does translate to a different language, please post below so everyone can gain the benifits. Thanks

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 03:07
I can't get beyond the main form. The list displayed looks very comprehensive and clearly represents considerable work. However, every entry I click produces an error of "object or class does not support set of events".
Bulsatar
Years of Service
User Offline
It is done in 2003, what version are you using? What line does the debugger point to and can you post it? It isn't code sealed by being an mdb so it should highlight the code in yellow.
Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 19:49
Running it in Access 2003, upon opening the file a modal Access error message box appears stating: "The expression On Current you entered as a property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events."

Clearing that, clicking the first entry on the left listbox on the main form (for the command Mouse Move), produces a similar modal Access error message box stating: "Run time error '459': Object or class does not support the set of events."

Clicking the debug modal option in that error message box takes you to the following yellow-highlighted line: "Set rs = Me.Code_Block.Form.Recordset" in the Private Sub List0_AfterUpdate().

Hope this helps.
Bulsatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep, sure does. Will take a look at it in the next day or so and see if I can track it down. From the quick glance, it seems as if it spontaneously stopped liking my subform referencing....that's microsoft for ya
Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2011 15:32
If it works on your system and not on mine, it may be related to something Microsoft has done since issuing whatever Access 2003 version you are using. If it helps, I have both Access 2003 and Access 2007 on my machine. I only use Access 2007 if reading someone else's database that requires it. I use Windows 7 as the operating system. The specific version of Access 2003 that I have and on which I am trying to run your database is 11.8321.8333 SP3.
Bulsatar
Years of Service
User Offline
I looked at the code and I think it might be an issue with having both 2007 and 2003 on the same computer. If you go to Tools -> References in the vba editor, check what you have checked against the screenshot I have posted.

I know that I had problems when I tried to do the same thing and ended up just dropping back down to 2003 since that is what I have at work. 2007 should be backwards compatible, if the references don't work out, try opening it in 2007.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2011 16:01
In Access 2003, comparing my list in the VBA editor to the one you attached, I note that mine shows (on line 2) "Microsoft Access 12.0 Object Library", whereas your screenshot shows "Microsoft Access 11.0 Object Library." Going down the list to the section of alphabetized additional items, mine has no option for the 11.0 object library.

HOWEVER, your suggestion of running it in Access 2007 worked! Thanks.
Bulsatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Thought it might be a referencing error. 2007 has legacy ability built in and with running both at the same time, it has to overwrite the previous libraries associated with 2003. You might want to find a comparison chart for what dlls are changed between versions and copy the old ones (might be able to find online??) to where they belong so that way you don't get dll screwed on other projects.

Glad it got working

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:44:26
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:44:26