Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Animal Guessing game

Author
Silver Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2011 17:18
A learning program that guesses an animal. The more you play it the more it knows!
We got the idea from an old program from the 70's and it is a fun learning experience for beginners. it's fully commented to help explain what is going on.
We also added some other bits n bobs which aren't essential but they make it a bit nicer

Hope someone gets something out of it! Enjoy

AlexD66
Silver Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2011 18:02
the program will look for a file in the project directory called database.txt. I have attatched our database which has a small selection of animals to get started. It's not essential as it will make its own!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2011 13:35
Cool I wrote something like this in DBC a while ago.

[b]
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds like an old spectrum program I played about with many, many years ago. A friend and I had great fun changing the pig answer to his sisters name, and then letting her play it at the time lol.

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081
AlexD66
Silver Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2011 14:40
that's just typical Diggsey.
I originally wrote this program from a book in AMOS for the Amiga many moons ago. When it came time to do this project with my son, I had completely forgotten how to do it and a Google search gave me nothing useful at all. Would have been handy as we ended up figuring out all the theory and mechanics for ourselves! It was fun though Interesting to see you did it a bit differently.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:58:29
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:58:29