Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Runtime Error: 136 HELP?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I couldn't find anything on The 3D GameMaker. So anyway, When I try to play my game I made in The 3D GameMaker (saved as a standalone exe) the screen flickers black and white, then gives me a Runtime Error: 136 or Runtime Error: 9. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Additional Details:
I'm running on Windows 7
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2011 22:11 Edited at: 12th Jul 2011 22:12
Erro code 136 in DarkBASIC Classic is PATH DOES NOT EXIST. Since the 3d Gamemaker was built using DarkBASIC Classic, I would guess that the error is the same.

What I would guess is happening, is some default paths or directories do not exist or you do not have the proper permissions to access them in Windows 7. In windows 98, the security was different and the directory structure so the 3d gamemaker just ran without these considerations.

The path in question might be C:\windows\temp which is the default directory that versions of DBC < 1.20 used. If there is any setup for the 3d Game Maker, check to see what directories it is trying to store stuff in. You may have to change the 3d game maker's security rights to administrator or, if possible, change the paths that are being written to.

Enjoy your day.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You may have to change the 3d game maker's security rights to administrator "

Given Latch's explanation, I would say this is probably the best/easiest solution. To run it as an administrator to test, right click and choose "Run as Administrator". To Change it permanently, right click, choose properties, go to compatibility, and check the box near the bottom that says something along the lines of "Run this program as an administrator"

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:13:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:13:41