Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Which programs are better?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Which programs are better out of the 4 sections listed below. With number 2, I would like an oppinion. Answer whatever you can below.

1)Development-DarkBASIC,DarkBASIC Pro,3D Gamemaker
2)Graphics-Are these any good? Texture Maker, Video Deluxe
3)3D Modelling-DarkMATTER 1&2,Cartography Shop,3D Canvas Pro
4)Audio-Music Maker '03,Sound Essentials Vol 1,Audio Cleaning Lab

Help me with any of these. I don't want to end up buying the wrong program. Thanks.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2003 22:32
I don't understand why this question keeps popping up. Best is VERY user subjective. It really is a matter of what you can afford, what you like using, and what gives YOU results.

I can say that Maya is better, but if you don't know how to use it, it's a piece of junk.

The better question is, what will your engine of choice use? If you decide on DBP, you can use a ton of different model and image formats.

So, what is your budget? What tools do you know? What kind of games do you want to make? Those questions will determine more than anything which tools are best for you. Do you already use some 2D and 3D programs? If so, those are probably the best for you.
--
TAZ
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2003 23:04
1)Development-DarkBASIC,DarkBASIC Pro,3D Gamemaker
3D Gamemaker isn't really a "development" tool. DB Pro is "better" in the overall scheme of things, but then it's also a more complex animal. As Zircher says, it's a very subjective question.

2)Graphics-Are these any good? Texture Maker, Video Deluxe
Well...texture maker is for textures, which I would not strictly categorise as a Graphics Package, more of a specific Tool. Video Deluxe is for, well...video! These are 2 apps that suit completely different requirements, you can't compare one with the other.
What "graphics" are you trying to create? Vector/Bitmap/Animation/Text based/Business/Illustration/Presentation...

3)3D Modelling-DarkMATTER 1&2,Cartography Shop,3D Canvas Pro
Darkmatter I/II aren't modelling packages, they are collections of models.

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 05:39:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 05:39:15