Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [DBP][Box2D] Vs! (Worms type turn based battle game)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 14:28
Looking excellent, bridges are another good addition that set it apart from the original concept.

I was at Alton Towers yesterday, some of the traditional Fairground games had cuddly toys as prizes that look very similar to your farm animals! They were round and very cartoon-like, I should have taken a photo.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 14:51
Quote: "I managed to get a tank flipped over too."

Nice. I'll be editing the tanks a little so getting in is just a case of jumping into the driver's seat, getting out will be done by jumping. This will also include a fix for when debris ends up in the seat and you can't enter the tank...

Quote: "The controls are smooth, except that the players in between the trees at the top left cant jump over the trees. And, they cant use the grappling gun to swing from one place to another either."

Don't worry, it's just a test level. I'll also be releasing the level editor so you can see how it works. I'm just slowly building the objects up so I can build quite a variety of landscapes up easily when the time comes to build the game up. The engine is OK at the moment and not hard to add weapons, build level objects and include them in the editor.

The hard work at the moment is adding new object types like the bridges and my other main project which is making large objects that can be gradually destroyed. I have a few idea how to implement this but it will mean a massive addition to my object builder executable...

Quote: "I was at Alton Towers yesterday, some of the traditional Fairground games had cuddly toys as prizes that look very similar to your farm animals! They were round and very cartoon-like, I should have taken a photo."

Cool, I may have to go soon and take a look. My eldest is old enough now and it's just down the road really!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 18:59
Update: Just in the process of converting this to AppGameKit, so you don't think I've given up on this one. Slow going at the moment because I'm doing a lot of CAD work in my spare time to raise funds...

WorldBot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 22:51
Very nice! many thanks!!!
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 14:29
How's everything going?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 14:35
Quote: "Update: Just in the process of converting this to AppGameKit, so you don't think I've given up on this one. Slow going at the moment because I'm doing a lot of CAD work in my spare time to raise funds..."

Still applies at the moment I'm afraid...

I found that the differences between AppGameKit and DBP using box2d make it a headache all around. I am struggling through the issues as and when I get time but I still don't have a nice movement system at the moment. I think once I get past the basic differences things will move a lot quicker...

Thanks for the interest. I am still working on this but I'm also doing some work for the App Developers Group which is taking some of my time too.

This is my "main" project and it's one I really want to get right, so maybe I'm being a bit picky

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 18:39
Hope it all goes well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:47:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:47:30