Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / is there a faster collision detection?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2003 01:26
I have created a small town in my world using the Cartography Shop, and I would like to make it so that you can't walk through the walls . The only way I know how to do this is by using the built-in collision detection, but this drastically slows down my program. Is there a faster method for collision detection that I could use? Perhaps, should I make each building a seperate object and only test for collision detection, when I get close enough to each one? Also, is there a function that would return wether or not an object exists in a given coordinates of 3D space?
I apologize for this long question, but any help would be really great, thank you!

Brandon
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2003 01:42
Use the collision dll found here: http://www.nuclearglory.com/

It does really good sliding collision with a .x object

If your mansion house needs haunting, just call Rentaghost!
Brandon Smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2003 01:47
Thanks for you quick response!
I'm not quite sure what a DLL is yet, but that website looks like it has a lot of usefull stuff, and I'm sure this will help.
So, thanks again

Brandon

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 05:30:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 05:30:01