Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Run & Jump [Mini Game]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everybody

So here's my new game (and the first complete one tbh), despite the poor graphics, the lack of effects and some small bugs, i think it's good enough to post it here.

Screenshot :

Download :

Run & Jump [10 MB]

Feedback is appreciated
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
Screenshot not working, am downloading though
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey its pretty awesome dude I like the graphics too. Not everything has to be high poly and shaders, I think the graphics look great for the kind of game it is.
Orion_Uk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 15:18
I got my Dark Principles DVD set today (All three) and eagerly set down to watch them. A few hours later my head was spinning with functions, loops and all sorts of data and I decided I needed a break before my head exploded! I thought, I know, I will see if I can work out how to make my game character jump now that I have basic control functioning for a FPS..

So here I am looking through the forums trying to work out how to "jump" (in first person mode and with a 3rd person character) when I come across this thread.

I have spent AGES playing this game! Its soO addictive, good one

While it completely took me away from my intended method of relaxation, It gave me just what I needed, Chillout time and a bit of fun! THANK YOU for posting this Moaz I had real fun messing with it and feel relaxed and able to continue my DP foundation course revitalised! Pure thumbs up to u mate
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
Jumping is easy, you just set the y variable to increase or decrease depending on a timer.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2011 01:36
jumping? Something in like this:

TheComet

Moaz
Years of Service
User Offline
@Dodga- Thanks buddy , i'm glad you enjoyed it!

@Orion_Uk- That's a good thing to hear, good luck for you and i hope to see something from you in the future.

@TheComet- It's cool to help others, but it would be much cooler if you left a comment on my post, the main one .
Orion_Uk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 16:47
@Moaz, NP, looking forward to working on something but dont hold your breath that it will be any day soon!

@TheComet, Thanks for the example I will hopefully get a chance to work in it tonight! (daughter permitting and if wife dont go in to labour!) lol

Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 03:26
This is pretty awesome. My highest score so far is 1460. I like how the guy flips and you can see his face.
Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 03:38 Edited at: 1st Aug 2011 03:38
New high score: 2020! This is one of those games where sometimes you are "in the zone" and become entranced by the game. A bit like Geometry Wars. That's a big compliment!

Games like this become even more addictive with an online score board. I've not done one yet and don't know how hard it is, but it has been done by a few people on here.
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 21:38
Nice game. I think the graphics are fine for the purpose. Once you get certain players to enjoy the gameplay, they tend to not care about the graphics. The music is fitting, it gets you excited. I would prefer to play it using my joypad though; my fingers are already hurting from work & programming

Are you planning to expand it in the future? Extra levels? Baddies chasing you? Running races against other players online etc?

Anyhow, nice job!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:21:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:21:57