Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Video playback not full screen?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 01:59
Hi,

I am a bit stuck, i have searched all over the place and i can't find anything to help so far.

I really want to have a video play in just the top corner of the screen instead of taking up full screen. I thought this might be possible by editing the 'video.fpi' and changing the X and Y figures, but, i can't find this, I assume that it doesn't exist.

Any help or guidance with this will be amazing. I'm not asking for someone to do it for me, just a gentle shove in the right direction would be a great help.

Unfamillia
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 22:20 Edited at: 28th Jul 2011 22:21
you will find the correct file in the documents section of the fpsc x10 files

click on the setup file

then look for

[VISUALS]
bloodmode=
capturecodec=MSVC
capturecompression=1
capturewidth=320
captureheight=240

capturefps=24
capturethreaded=1
capturewait=1

can change the size but not sure of x and y positioning on the screen hope that helps

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 22:42
@science boy

Thanks for the tip. Do you think that this will make the video appear smaller or will this just reduce the resolution that the video is recorded in?
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
it makes it smaller i think try it out and dabble with it just put it back to its orig if not

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2011 18:29
Did anyone ever figure out if it was possible to play a video that is not fullscreen? I wish we could add video like a texture to a mesh. I know this is quite possible.

One way of handling this..but I've no idea what it would do to performance is to actually sequence the images and play them back as part of the HUD. Basically show and unshow through each image in the video sequence. However, forget about trying to sync audio with that technique unless you locked the frame rate of your game. And depending on the length of the video...you'd be talking hundreds if not thousands of images. Nevermind. Terrible idea. lol
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 14:13
@srealist

I think the HUD images idea is the only working idea so far! So, ALOT of scripting required! I really need this in my game, so, i guess, i have to create it this way!

The worst part is; i want to have more than one video........kind of wanted them throughout the game as little hints as though someone is talking to you.....lol.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 16:16
Well...at least with the latest version of MM you can have really really long scripts. I hit the limit a month or so ago and had no idea what was happening. For a finite state machine, x10 was VERY finite. Budo has fixed all that now.

Still, I think we really need the ability to play video on a mesh and/or video on a sizable HUD.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:53:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:53:54