Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Countdown (Defy The Odds Comp.)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2011 19:02 Edited at: 24th Nov 2011 00:43
Title:
Countdown

Developer:
2Beastmode4u

Engine:
FPSC v. 1.19 beta

Story/Description:
The year is 2033 and WW3 is about to go down. The U.S. has recently created the first AN Bomb (Accelerated Nuclear Bomb). These bombs make nukes look like firecrackers on the 4th of July. The Russians recently captured the U.S.'s top AN scientists, Wendle Tuck, and are forcing him to create an AN Bomb for them so they scan it and have more of them made in a heartbeat. Your job is to save Wendle and "corrupt" any scams they may already have taken.

BETA TESTERS NEEDED
Email me at dipolawal@live.com if interested in beta testing.
I need people who can run FPSC at a good FPS rate. (50+ FPS perhaps) This is a closed beta, so if your interested please let me know.

Developers Diary/Screenshots:
Day 1:
I find out just how much I need to upgrade this PC of mine. Takes so long to test games and build games. Tried installing the 1.19 update to see if it would help framerate and later found out that Wasp mod's framerate boosts weren't added in. Continued working on the map.

Day 2:
Decided to make this into a closed beta so others with better specs than I could test it out to see if they experienced framerate drops of any kind.

Day 3:
Finally got some thing looking a bit better, purchased a few model packs thanks to that Winter Sale. Here is a nice sneak peak:

Currently still looking for any mods that can help up framerate and come with commercial licences so I c an still keep to the rules of the competition.

Day 4:
I decided to fix some of the moonlight sources and input Night Vision into this game instead.

Day 4 Pt. 2:
I decided that the night vision wasn't bright enough so I did some tweaking. Added in some stealth to the game, required some gunspec editing. Built in the tutorial level. Adding in better culling.

Day 5:
Just put in the official 1.19 beta update and it just gave me more bugs so I think I will just have to downgrade or wait for a newer version to come out. Just rushing to get in more levels. Added some new gun sounds and trying to use the new culling system to my advantage.

Please comment and critique my work but, lets keep everything clean and respectful. This is still in a heavy WIP stage so keep that in mind when commenting.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
tokyomage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2011 19:29
Cool beans!

I like the plane especially, id love to fight terrorists in a plane

-Tokyomage

.....the feel of solitude hurts inside....
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2011 19:33
Quote: "id love to fight terrorists in a plane"

Don't we all?

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2011 19:38
I noticed your FPS is a tad low, at 30. Is this an optimization or computer problem?

And I'm also not a fan of the story... It seems kind of... cheesey, is the best way I could put it. I mean... why would a survivor of United 93 just run away from the crash, never to be seen again?

Cheesehead for life.
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2011 19:55 Edited at: 30th Jul 2011 20:07
Quote: "I noticed your FPS is a tad low, at 30."

That is just my computer specs causing that. The only time I get 60 fps is if I have a a few segments. Maybe a room or two.

My Specs:

Quote: "why would a survivor of United 93 just run away from the crash"

I never said that he, "ran away", now did I.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2011 23:49 Edited at: 30th Jul 2011 23:57
Quote: "To all it may concern, this game may have things that will offend you or bring back dark memories. Please do not look at this thread if it in any way offends you."

Because you post a disclaimer will not mean its all OK.

In saying that I think you know yourself that this whole idea can cause controversy and will seem in bad taste to a lot of people.
I dont think its a good idea to make entertainment (its a game right) out of this at this present time (just my opinion).
TBH I dont see how you can expect the competition organiser to add your game and accept its all ok because you post saying dont read further if it will offend you.
Whats to stop people saying "if you dont like nudity....." you get my drift right?
It would have been so much easier to change it up to any fictitious terrorist group and even make a lot of comparisons to the events you boldly go straight at here, you dont need to be so factual about something so sensitive unless you think it will stir up interest in the game (sales tactic, not competition tactic).
Its your game and you do what you want but dont be surprised if you find a flame war starting up here, you know full well it can happen otherwise you dont need a disclaimer.

As for the screenshots so far:
Too empty needs more entity's, you have a shiny clean modern office chair in what looks like an interrogation room
Plane interior needs lighting.

best rolfy

A Mod has been erased by your signature.
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 00:18 Edited at: 31st Jul 2011 00:19
I see what you mean rolfy. I should have thought this out more. I guess I should get a mod to lock this thread and start a new one with a different game.

Quote: "you have a shiny clean modern office chair in what looks like an interrogation room"

I got that idea from this picture:

But your right, a clean chair doesn't really belong in an interrogation room.

I'll just start on a new story line now...

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 00:30 Edited at: 31st Jul 2011 00:32
Yeah but your interrogation looks like its makeshift in an old cellar or whatever, if I were being interrogated and there was a chair like that I would be tempted to wheel around the room (when no one was around of course)

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 00:37
Lol. The rolling chair is for the interrogator not the person being interrogated. It's kind of hard to see in the image but on the other side of the table in the screenshot, there is an old looking wooden chair.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 01:31
Would a game on WW3 be ok? I mean, people have done game on WW1 and WW2...

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Whatever YOU want, I actually think the idea of sticking to your original fighting terrorists idea is sound, its just the details your using are maybe too real life. Flesh out your original idea, involve some conspiracy twists and make your game entertaining and original.

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 03:01
Thanks rolfy. This could have been a huge train wreck without you.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Ya know, I personally wouldn't make a WW2 game as this forum is Global and TBH I would be uncomfortable with adding to the endless 'lets win the war all over again games' its been done to death and its no longer entertaining or fun, unless you come up with some new twists or theorys. But thats just me, any genre can be interesting provided its imaginative.
The world is a much smaller place now.

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 04:59 Edited at: 31st Jul 2011 05:01
Lol nice title.As I see your design is just normal not so good but normal.I see there's alot need to be improve.Lighting need more work in interrogation room and design too.I think its a good start man.Will send you the email.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 06:28
Quote: "I see there's alot need to be improve."

I started this just a few days ago and I just pieced this together so I could make a W.I.P. thread on it for some feedback on the idea of the game.

Thank goodness I did or this could have been terrible.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
IntRepid Bullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 07:28
Although I can see where people will get offended and maybe cause a situation out of this, at least you put a disclaimer at the top of your thread.

And also think about, disney bought the rights to the team of american soldiers who killed Bin Laden. And from what I hear, they plan to make a movie out of it. So when you think about it, this isn't that bad.. Looking forward to seeing more screen shots!

Yeh, I'm a noob. <3
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 08:06 Edited at: 31st Jul 2011 08:39
Quote: "And also think about, disney bought the rights to the team of american soldiers who killed Bin Laden. And from what I hear, they plan to make a movie out of it."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/may/26/disney-withdraws-seal-team-6-trademark-application

You should also read the comments posted below the article.
Then actually read the AUP for this forum and you might see where I am coming from.

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 18:24
Do you guys think if I made a game with terrorist that I should come up with a fake group or a real one?

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont know but I think fake one is good.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Elite: Dangerous
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 00:35
Quote: "Would a game on WW3 be ok?"

Yes, it ceraintly would!

I don't know about a fake or real terrorist group; a real one makes it more interesting, but a fake one keeps things... "polite" in a sense, if you know what I mean.

I like the story idea you have so far! Nice idea, but too bad. Before you have it locked, I would suggest that you put in one last post that says after taking advice from other members, you have decided to not continue with the game idea, or something like that. Also, you might want to have a mod change the name of the thread that says you will not be continuing the game, or something.

WW3 would certainly make an interesting game, though!

Captain Coder
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 13:01
Why not just keep your original format but change the events and names to fictitious ones? While I agree that the original idea is kind of bad taste, why start over if you already have an idea in mind and levels built? Just change the scenario. Edit your first post and PM a mod to change the title - there is no need for you to lock this thread.
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2011 01:00
Sorry for going off topic but what the big deal about bin laden's death? there are still terrorist leaders that are more powerfuller than him. just saying, anyway I like that airplane level!

I'd have to say........ The Game Creators can make dreams come true.
Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2011 14:37 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2011 14:40
Screenshot 1 commentary:

If the light was little closer to the wooden table, I`m pretty sure it would set it on fire.

And yeah, why making so much big deal about 9/11. NATO forces demolished half of my country back in the 1999. and no one made game about that. But ok, lets focus on the game.
The plane interior screenshot is awesome, reminds me of CoD level I cant specifically recall right now.

Your story:
(Luke I`m your father)

The first paragraph that supposed to represent your story kinda annihilated my expectations: he survived the crash in America, and now he`s going to kill Mr. Bin? Cheeeeasy.....
However, if you`d rename the game Kill (lets say) Dr. X. It would be much better and you wont have any problems.

Good Luck in your project.

If you`d make a fake terrorist, with your scripting knowledge, this could easily be the new fpsc Modern Warfare.

My paragon is not on the poster, its in the mirror.
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2011 19:34
hey beatings, just spotted this.

Glad to see you finally getting a game together! I actually like the fact you're setting in a real-world setting. I think it adds atmosphere and a twist to the classic revenge story. I personally don't think the setting is controversial, although I can see why other people would.

I agree with some of the other comments that the lighting needs to be improved and the levels need more entities.

Whether you change the names or not I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2011 06:52
Ok, so I emailed a mod to change the name of the thread and I changed a few things up in the story (still in progress), so you will get to see more from this.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2011 08:51
I think the plane is very nice! I'm glad to see I've got some competition in the contest!

imageflock.com/img/1303928322.png[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2011 20:23 Edited at: 4th Aug 2011 02:08
Thanks Bugsy. I'm looking forward to competing against you and many others that join in. Since people seem to like the plane level, I'll be sure to use it for the demo.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2011 22:53
Some more heavy WIP screenshots:

Crits and comments are welcome.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2011 23:02
Are you using any lightmapping? It seem's fairly bright in those rooms. Maybe lower the ambiance just a wee bit?

Other than that they look good! The room with the bed is a tad..empty. But it's a WIP right?

Anyways, good job!

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2011 23:08
Quote: "Maybe lower the ambiance just a wee bit? "

I increased the ambiance specifically for the screenshots so that you could see everything in the image well.

Quote: " The room with the bed is a tad..empty. But it's a WIP right?"

Yes, when It's full it should look much better. Right now I was just thinking of more stuff to put in a military bed room. Probably a few guns here and there. I will probably break the base into 2 levels to cut down on any FPS drop.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2011 23:38
Quote: "I increased the ambiance specifically for the screenshots so that you could see everything in the image well."

Oh Alright

Quote: "Right now I was just thinking of more stuff to put in a military bed room. Probably a few guns here and there"

Maybe some like gun racks? If there was an emergency the guns would be close wound't they? Maybe add some military crates or something. I don't know, those are just suggestions

Oh, and when is this Defy the Odd competition? Depending on how close the date is, could i join in? I got a good game that im working on right now. If you want to see it it will be on my forums after i take some screenshots (10min). Sorry for going off topic, im just wondering..

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 02:43
Quote: " when is this Defy the Odd competition?"

For info on the contest go here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=186295&b=21

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 04:57
Thanks!

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 10:36
Now that its a fictional anti-terror game, personally it feels a lot better to follow the thread.

I'm still not a friend of "kill person x" missions but it seems that nowadays these are morally acceptable.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Levi barros
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 21:27
Not bad...

imageflock.com/img/1313223056.jpg[/img]
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 20:21
Just bumping to let people know that I am in the need of beta testers, and the game has been re-defined because of time.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2011 12:00
My FPSC runs with smooth 60 FPS all the time so if you need a tester yet, end me a mail bro

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2011 21:50
Quote: "My FPSC runs with smooth 60 FPS all the time so if you need a tester yet"

Dude, what are your system specs?

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2011 16:19
Quote: "Dude, what are your system specs?"

Intel i5 4x3,6 ghz
4 Gb Ram
nvidia 470 GTX 1,25 VRAM
Windows 7 32Bit

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2011 21:11
*Initial post updated*

New Screenshot:

Comments and crits are wanted. Still in WIP stage although.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2011 22:33
The pic doesn't give much away Beastmode. Maybe explain what the level is?

Your lighting looks a bit strange as there seems to be a light source in the middle of the shot, maybe define the sun in a different way?

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 19:24
@Ched
I've updated the story in the initial post to say the new story of the game.

Quote: "Your lighting looks a bit strange as there seems to be a light source in the middle of the shot, maybe define the sun in a different way?
"

I was going to use it as moonlight but I see your point so I took the light out and now am using Night Vision in my game. I'll have a screenshot up soon.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 22:23
Here is a look at the night vision:

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2011 06:31
Ah, that's much more atmospheric! good job.

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2011 20:41
Well, 1.19 doesn't like to build games on my pc so I can't use 1.19 anymore. Night vision will have to be changed as well. Just great... I just have to double time things now.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:52:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:52:05