Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Logic Help with Collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I finished making the Game Space Invaders and I decided to try something more ambitious. I was thinking of doing some kind of racing type game.

Collision logic has always bugged me and has been one of the few thing I haven't been able to understand completely.

I have decided to make a simple program to try out my skills with some of the ideas I would use in such a game. My program involves you moving, and jumping, a sphere around and you wont fall through the objects set around the little level.

I had been using collision for my Space Invaders game but it was relatively simple because it didn't matter how the two objects collided only that they did. Whereas, in this game I can't simply make my sphere go backwards because if he jumped on top of the object he would fall right through it. Similarily, if he backed up into the object he would speed through it.

I have heard many people talk about sliding collision and I was wondering if there was a code snippit or some help I could get for my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 05:39:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 05:39:42