Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Vertexdata. Can someone provide simple code snippet?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 04:05 Edited at: 1st Aug 2011 16:00
I'm having trouble using the vertexdata commands. I keep getting an error telling me I need to create a new reference to the object, but I don't see any constructor for vertexdata, so I assume it works on whatever I have locked. Here is my code, if anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

ok, I got it figured out. After reading almost every post on this forum, I found out you have to create the new object from mesh with a texture, and, I was passing in my depth values wrong. Anyway, I have realtime mesh deforming with the Kinect working now on an 80x60 grid. It keeps up at about 40 fps (which is good because Kinect returns at 30fps), but, generateobjectnormals knocks it down to about 19 fps. Still not bad, but, I think I'll have to start looking at interop.

here is a sneek peek video of the Kinect deforming an 80x60 mesh. Still needs some work, like I have to port my DBPro code to figure acurate x,z spacing. But still, this is the nuts and bolts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCKwO-DvwHQ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:49:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:49:36