Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / [DBP] Galaga Remake / Reboot

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2011 21:27 Edited at: 20th Aug 2011 20:30
I thought it would be fun to make a 2D game that is very similar to Galaga, but not an exact duplicate. It is being written in DBPro. The project is named Insectoidz!

Here is an in-game screenshot:

The game plays very similar to Galaga.

Input is now selectable from a menu. The user can select the mouse, joystick, arrow keys or WASD keys for input.

The game can be paused / unpaused by pressing the 'p' key. You can quit at any time by pressing ESC or the '1' key.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Quisco DaLuse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 18:05 Edited at: 15th Aug 2011 19:32
Update:
1. Fixed the bug where occasionally the Beez return to the squadron in the wrong spot.
2. Have the 'mother' bee shooting out a tractor beam at the player. Working on allowing the player's ship to be snatched up.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2011 10:58 Edited at: 6th Aug 2011 10:58
Looks good.

The background is maybe too high quality for the sprites, but I've noticed you intend to replace them.

However, the download link doesn't work. It just takes you to the main upload screen so I can't comment further.

Good luck with this.

http://jimjamsgames.yolasite.com
Quisco DaLuse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2011 16:13 Edited at: 15th Aug 2011 19:33
Thanks Scene Commander. I apologize about the links not working. I have removed them, as no one was downloading it anyway.

The background is part of the permanent graphics for the game, so thx for that. I have a cloudy mist that continually scrolls from top to bottom in the game and it comes off pretty well, I think.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I've downloaded everything, but the source files appear to be corrupt as they are both appearing as projects and cause an error when I try to open them. It might be best to try posting a built game for people to try.

http://jimjamsgames.yolasite.com
Quisco DaLuse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2011 15:57 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 19:24
A video of gameplay of an earlier version was made. It does not have the updated graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rinFZRrtQb4

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:10:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:10:59