Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / detect matrix collision detection

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 02:14
Hi,

I'm still trying to get a working diablo style map click working, I posted a message before about it but unfortunately the resulting replies addressed checking screen instead of matrix.

I intend to make movement around the map with the mouse only, left click to select destination, right click to cast magic, and if left click + collision with another object other than the matrix, matrix collision should not activate.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not planning on copying diablo or any other games for that matter, I simply want a similar movement system. I am also going to use the mouse collision to get X, Y and Z coordinates for another game I'm making to build buildings on the location.

If you have any questions or you think you may have a possible solution for me please don't hesitate to contact me or reply to this message.

ICQ# 150329367
Email : mattuu@paci-labs.com

Thanks,
Matthew King
Paci Labs Inc. (Independant Game Developers)
Mattuu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 02:22
Sorry about the forum subject .. it should have been "detect matrix collision and return X, Y, Z coordinates"

Thanks,
Matthew King
Paci Labs Inc. (Independant Game Developers)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:24:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:24:31