Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Textures are not changing/updating

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, i'm new to the forum and really need help.
I have created new textures for my zombie characters in x10 and when i import them into the texture option on the character, nothing happens and it just stays on the original texture, even though it has mine still in the texture option. Please can anyone help as its driving me nuts. It works fine in x9 but im a x10 man and really wanna know if im doing something wrong or missing something.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2011 00:11
Once FPSC builds a DBO version of an entity, it clings to that forever until you run FPSC-CLeaner.

However, for a very quick result, just copy and paste the fpe file associated with your character. Name the file something different like "MyCharacter" or whatever and then change the texture in the fpe file to reference the texture you want.
Adsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, I'll do that. Also where do I paste the FPE after I edit it? does it go in the same place as the original? And wont these files then clash with each other? Sorry for the questions, Im just fairly new to this.
Adsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Silly me i've now sorted it just after posting the last one Thanks for the info though I could not have worked that out without your answer. Thanks.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 8th Aug 2011 22:57
Quote: "Thanks, I'll do that. Also where do I paste the FPE after I edit it? does it go in the same place as the original?"

Yes, just rename the original to "$name-backup" or something.

Be yourself, but make sure you don't sound like a dying sheep.
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 06:37 Edited at: 15th Aug 2011 06:40
You can also just make a shortcut to fps-cleaner on your windows taskbar... then you can just run it before each level test. Works fine if FPSC X10 is still open

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:07:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:07:24