Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / My Current Project "Z"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2011 02:11 Edited at: 27th Dec 2011 12:42
Well i'm currently using the NOX game engine for my upcoming project and one of the character im doing for now since i've already have a done base model is a female so i decided to start on one of my villian character "Z" for my upcoming project. i'll post my progress as i work on her more. my goal is no more than 5,000 triangulated polygons.

she is around 875 polygons untriangulated. She isn't done like her suit, hair, etc. so far she's supposed to be a teen around 15-17 years old. I'll post more as i get her done more. Im still working on the chest, foot, shoulders. After that i'll work the on buttocks and waist. i decided not to add fingers to simplify the process. i might add later. As the story progress she'll have more armor pieces added on. Eventually she'll obtain a helmet as well. so i'll have to reuse her for her armored version.

edit: yes i still need to texture her. The name of the game project is a secret as when the game comes near playable status I will reveal the title name.

update 12/27/11: i moved the project to Unity so I'm going to redo this model to about 10K polygon. I might redo her in blender using the makehuman program.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 02:39
I know you are still working on them so I won't say much, but it's definately the shoulders that stick out the most to me, they really need to be softened and relaxed, but that won't be too hard

and don't forget the ears

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 14:48
@Ortu thanks. the truth is that so many things are in my mind that it's gettting harder and harder to make time. my car recently died for good on me. and i had a spare car, but i had to make that one pass state emissions. my car is my only way to go to work which gets me money. other than that yes im planning to add the ears eventually. im still drawing out the foot by paper hoping that i can get the right technique to do it right. comments are always welcome to me. the foot is supposed to be high heels turns out i did it wrong. so im modifying it to be high heels.

mara
Years of Service
User Offline
After you finish it do a man, to can help she not feel alone . I am anxious to final work

dex
DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2011 12:26 Edited at: 24th Aug 2011 14:49
well here's an update of her so far. the crotch had a slight rework as of now. the foot was done alot. it's high heel boots to those that are wondering. the back of her thighs which wasn't pictured had a giant lump that looked creepy. anyways i had to fix that which was easy. lol. after boots and crotch im planning to redo her thighs and butts. im planning to make it slimmer and firmer. after that i'll redo the chest giving it a size a or a b cup size. 864 polygons not triangulated.

After she's done im going to start on the base male and work on "X"(main character) then the bad guys come after i finish animating and texturing X and Z.

update: why i have more time now is that my car is no good and work time had been cut off bad. i need to get a different job that doesn't require delivering in my car(me n' eds pizzeria).

Character Profile:

nickname: "Z"
height: 5'2"
weight: ????
hair: blonde
eyes: blue
born: Metropolis,USA
occupation: wanted thief and convicted felon for armed robbery. Escaped Juvenile.
known family members: not known/non alive
known abilities: possess ability to replicate ability of mechanical, energy type, computer machines through wireless system downloading, touch scanning, retina scan. other abilities are unknown at the point.
accomplice: has a small group of armed robbers. varies in age. mostly males. body guards are two female accomplice.

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2011 23:47 Edited at: 27th Aug 2011 01:30
Well here's a quick hi-res version to see what she would look like with higher polygons she is 6856 polygons triangulated. picture is getting too big so you can just click on it to see it bigger. if i was to keep her this way and add cloths she would add up to at least 10,000 polygons completed with hair,cloths, and textures. i might not keep her this high polygons. This was used with the smoothing button. To keep it 5k polygon i might only smooth it at place i need the most only.

btw opinions/criticisms are welcome.

mara
Years of Service
User Offline
Make more pronounced breasts, becaue It is a femalr

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2011 14:25 Edited at: 29th Aug 2011 08:27
since you've mentioned it. i started working on her chest.

update; hopefully by monday i can show you guys the progress on her chest.

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2011 12:39 Edited at: 29th Aug 2011 12:47
This is close enough because she is supposed to be wearing a whole suit. so here it is.

one of the last step to the modeling process is smoothing certain areas like maybe the upper body and certain boxy like areas. this is already like 50-60% done on the modeling so far. Hair is the last part.

make sure to click on it to see it in bigger resolution.

1626 polygon triangulated. was rendered 868 untriangulated.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2011 14:20
from the sideview her legs appear rto be VERY LONG, might just be me though, they appear to be longer than the rest of the body (including head) or atleast almost.. i dont know, anyway: chest seems a lot better now and my second crit would be her shoe, i mean her ass (dunno if iam allowed to write that word at all, so apologies if not mods ) seems to be a bit large

and for the record, I am a man.

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2011 23:43 Edited at: 30th Aug 2011 23:49
thanks for you honesty. i modeled her based on reference pictures. i didn't realize ppl would think her behind was bigger than I thought. as for her legs, her legs was used from multiple reference. her leg was already as long as the others, but i'll check it out again to see if i did it correctly. i might have to use more reference pictures to compare the leg.

sorry. im still not done with the shoe. lol. got sidetracked. lol they're supposed to be high heel boots and kinda platformish.

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 13:58
well good news and bad news.

Bad News:
is that i won't have any money left after i just did a down payment of a 2005 scion xa also known outside of america as the Toyota ist. Insurance is pretty high since the car is not that old compared to my last car. since it's still on payment i have to go extra full insurance with commercial insurance.

Good News:
I got a good car to go to work. Hopefully my hours are restored. With tight budget i'd decided to work with what i got at the moment. The project is still going on. the model is having the foot being done than i'd decided to move on with the hair. after that will be texture and animation. should i texture first or animation first? or does it matter? anyways all the time i got i'm just using it for my game project and talking to this one girl. lol i hope the game project and this girl all work out. if the game gets further i will announce it whenever. im planning to have a trailer of the game. other than that it's still far from it.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 14:39
I would say texture first, animation later since you are better of being able to see stretching while animating

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 11:28
thanks. for the tip. i'll have to use gimp for my texturing. eventually i'll have to buy Adobe Photoshop one day.

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 22:24
well after lots of things in the way life sleep and work and other stuff. im planning to start the rest of the work on the work maybe today if not than Monday, which is my day off for sure.

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2011 01:55 Edited at: 12th Sep 2011 02:02
Okay after awhile here is some slight updates of her. I only smoothed out the chest and butt. The hair is next. Her poly count is 2406 triangulated. In the future I'll try to add fingers to them since the first time i did that it looked great but it was hard for me to texture and animate them.

you have to click on her to see the whole big resolution.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2011 15:14
chest looked better previous to the update to be honest =P looked smoother for one

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2011 21:14
thanks. im already planning out the hair im about to give her. after that it's texturing time in gimp.

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2011 01:08
im making the hair separate than i'm combining it later. she'll have long hair. sorry for the long delay. i've been busy with work and other things in life.

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2011 22:53 Edited at: 25th Sep 2011 22:58
Okay here it is. It's so far it's 71 polygons and not done. that's why it's still weird and boxy. anyways this is just a little update.

update:

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
You might try this tutorial I think it might help you alot. Even though it is for milkshape, it can be used in blender.

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2011 01:04 Edited at: 26th Sep 2011 01:07
im just not done. the picture is not the final work. lol it was done in one minute. im still working on it. im just too busy now these days. i don't want anyone thinking it's a lost project. plus it'll look a lot and way better the next time i put work into it.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 01:47 Edited at: 27th Sep 2011 01:49
It's looking pretty good, but I still think the shoulders are too rigid and squared off. I'd pull them in and down slightly. Should have a slight slope down from the neck and kinda round down into the arm, not so right angle-ish.... well, here I did a quick paint over.

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 13:17
thanks for the help. when i have time i'll try to do what you mean.

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2011 13:58
as for the hair shall i model it from the head or use that separate piece. sorry taking so long because i've been busy.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2011 16:39
Quote: "shall i model it from the head or use that separate piece"

Separate would be better, depending on the technique
using several planes and using opacity maps is the usual way

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2011 19:04
seperate makes it easier to change styles or add head items like hats and helms

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 12:01
okay then i'll keep working on what i already have. on monday i'll put time into it and hopefully some new pics. sorry for the long wait.

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2011 01:05 Edited at: 26th Oct 2011 01:01
after for so long i finally made time and got this hairstyle. it's about 532 polygons untriangulated. btw hair is not done. im still trying to make time to put work into this hair piece.

I was trying to go for this.

or if you like this...lol

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 07:31 Edited at: 25th Nov 2011 09:17
sorry for such a long wait. i really tired now these days from work and will try to make time. next up i'll just finish up the hair and fuse it with the model after that i'll texture it using gimp and animate it using milkshape. after that i'll start on the main character. sorry for the long delay.

edit: sorry.
11/25/11 update:

yep that's all i did so i'm trying to get GIMP and get started on texturing and then soon on animation on Milkshape.

BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 15:40
Please don't double post unless you have new work to show!

Cheers!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:24:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:24:40