Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Relentless Insanity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 01:05 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2011 18:44
Developer: ExuCorporations

Story: You wake up in an abandoned Jail, no one can be seen. You have to walk around in the faint light of torches, not knowing what is ahead. You discover letter's and clues to help find your way out. But something isn't right, something is there.. You hear whisper's coming from no where, your insanity is lowering every minute. You fight to survive in this decrepit asylum, hoping to be rescued...Hoping...to escape..

Features: Custom music and sounds, Scary atmosphere, other

Image:

If you would like to see more information about my game, go to my website by clicking my banner.

IF THE WEBSITE OR MY FORUMS ARE NOT WORKING, CLICK ONE OF THESE LINKS!

Original Website: http://www.wix.com/exucorporations/exufinal

Forums: http://exucorporations-forums.1058250.n5.nabble.com/

Thanks for viewing guys!

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 04:06
Looks pretty cool, I would add some bounce lights though. They will make it seem much more grounded in reality.

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 05:06
Quote: "bounce lights"

What are those?

Quote: "Looks pretty cool"

Thanks! You can check out my website for more information

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 06:51
Seems very paralleled to Amnesia, if that was intended then I hope you can capture that atmosphere! Interested in seeing how this progresses.

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 07:51
Quote: "Seems very paralleled to Amnesia"

Congratulations you win a penguin! Im kidding, but yes you got it right. That is exactly what i am aiming for. I have gotten the note system working. I still need to do voice acting, does anyone here have a cool British accent? XD

Other thing i have to work on to get it like Amnesia/Penumbra
- A working small menu, the thing you open up to view saved notes and possibly a map?

Thanks for commenting though! And as i said i will not be updating this post any further, i will only be updating my website. Im kind of doing this also to get more traffic on my site I have completely redone my site for a more sleek and nice feel i guess...

Tinker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 08:47
Dude, you freaking nailed it. The Idea is great and the mixture of lights are cool too, so just keep it up and I am sure that game will be a hit.

Effective, Efficient, Capable and Committed... That's me!
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 09:08
Quote: "Dude, you freaking nailed it. The Idea is great and the mixture of lights are cool too, so just keep it up and I am sure that game will be a hit."

Wow thanks! I tried my best! XD
But i am really hoping this becomes popular enough that it will make me want to make a sequel!

Thanks for commenting Tinker!

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 10:54
Bounce Light:

Bounce lights are simple used to create the effect of bouncing light. In real life a light doesn't just hit an object and that's it, the light will hit the object and bounce off to hit another and another until it isn't visible. basically, just add VERY subtle lights where you thing your light sources would bounce off to. with practice, you can get AAA lighting.

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 11:23 Edited at: 9th Aug 2011 11:24
I feel like that would mean creating WAY to many static lights. Meaning smaller map because it would take up more virtual memory!

There is probably a better way in doing this, i guess i could look around

I also just created a new segment for my game, im still working on it (The ceiling still matches the floor). If you want to check it out i attached a picture. THIS WAS JUST A TEST, and the quality is bad because i didn't use FRAPS..

Thanks for the info on Bounce Lights though!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 15:29 Edited at: 10th Aug 2011 13:51
Wow your design is good man.Well Done

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
sweet i cant wait to try it out looks awsome so far a little dark but thats the screen shots!! hey hit me up on youtube bro b ez!

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 22:04 Edited at: 9th Aug 2011 22:14
Quote: "Wow I your design is good man.Well Done"

Thanks a lot!

Quote: "sweet i cant wait to try it out"

Don't get your hopes up, i will not be rushing this game. I expect it to be done in a couple of months maybe? I want to put a lot of detail into it..

Quote: "looks awsome so far a little dark but thats the screen shots"

Well it is somewhat dark in game too, because if i set ambiance to 1 or 2 and up i can see the outline of everything = bad. I have some cells that don't have anything in them to conserve memory, but i don't want people seeing that there is nothing in them, so i set amb. to 0 I will try and light it up in important parts XD

Quote: "hey hit me up on youtube bro b ez"

Message sent!

UPDATE - I will be uploading some updates to the Cell Area on my forum soon, go check it out!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2011 20:43
Quote: "There is probably a better way in doing this, i guess i could look around"

I think he means making lights with a larger range but a darker colour. I do that, and IMO it does work quite well.

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 00:47
Quote: "I think he means making lights with a larger range but a darker colour."

I tried that and it just did not give me the same effect.. I will think of something..

UPDATE - I have re-done the first room (Cell room) and have put up pictures on my forum. If you want you can go check it out!

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 03:49 Edited at: 13th Aug 2011 03:49
Quote: "I think he means making lights with a larger range but a darker colour."

It's not what I meant, but I suppose in some situations that could help. however, you can make scripted LOD lights for performance. for example, when the player enters a zone, the bounce lights will spawn. And when the player exits that zone, the lights are destroyed.

Bounce lights aren't necessary, but make things look better. I'll check out your forum by the way.

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 10:27
Quote: "Bounce lights aren't necessary, but make things look better"

Could you possibly give me an example (image) of a bounce light? I still don't understand what you mean sorry :/

Quote: "I'll check out your forum by the way"

Thanks a lot! The more the merrier! Please read the pinned topics though first if you are going to stay

UPDATE AGAIN - So i have not worked on this for a couple of days now because i have not had the time, but more information and screenshots will come as soon as possible! Oh and i may not respond on here very quickly as i am on stupid post moderation..

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 15:46
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=184316&b=21

That and the thread that thread links to in the OP's post should give you a general idea. In essence it is having 2 lights overlapping (directly on top of each other) with different ranges and accenting each other (<----- Ofcourse this isnt how the pro games do it... its the way to do it in FPSC)

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 22:35
So instead of my normal map having 20 lights, it will now have 40?

And instead my my virtual memory being 965mb, it will be lik 1500mb?

I feel like it is a waste...

Thanks for commenting though Anayar!

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 00:16
that is one kind of bounce lighting.

Good Use of Bounce Lights:
When you only have one source of light in a room, but the shadows are more strong than you want, you add very feint bounce lights where the light would spread by bouncing off objects/walls.

does this help at all? like i said before, they aren't too necessary.

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 10:30
A video or something would help? Im still a little fuzzy on what you mean.. Sorry :/

I guess it is not that important, right?..

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 21:39
yeah, it's not that important. If I have time, I will make something, but you can always Google it and stuff.

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 23:30
Alright thanks!

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 23:53 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 02:40
SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING!

UPDATE

I have started the next area on my game, and i was not going to do this but i want to keep people interested. Here is a picture of the prototype i guess of the hallways.

This may be the last picture i will post on here, i don't know. But if you want to learn more/see more of my game go check out my website by clicking my banner

I would appreciate some feedback thanks! Oh and what do you guys think would be a good segment for the hallways? I want to keep the walls but the ceiling and floor are bugging me.. Anyone got an idea?

Thanks!

EDIT - I was also wondering, would i get in trouble if i used sounds from another game? Of course i would give all of the credit necessary and i would not be selling my game, but could i get away with it without getting in trouble? All im using are the open and close door sounds from Amnesia. I can't find any good door sounds anywhere, and i don't have the equipment to do it myself. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks again!

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 20:01
Triple posting FTW!

UPDATE

I have finished some of the hallways and i have also started the Kitchen. If you would like to see more about my game click my banner at the bottom of this comment.

Here is part of the hallway, sorry it is so dark :/

Tell me what you think

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 01:15
Quote: "Bounce lights are simple used to create the effect of bouncing light. In real life a light doesn't just hit an object and that's it, the light will hit the object and bounce off to hit another and another until it isn't visible. basically, just add VERY subtle lights where you thing your light sources would bounce off to. with practice, you can get AAA lighting."

a more memory-conscious method of doing this is using my lighting technique, very large, very dark lights. the tutorial can be found here!

imageflock.com/img/1303928322.png[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 03:09
Thank you for the link Bugsy, im sure i will use the tutorial!

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 15:43
Quote: "When i feel i have enough done for my game, do you want to be one of the testers? If you don't it is okay! My game can be viewed in my forum or TGC forum."

sure

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 18:43
Quote: "sure"

Okay! I still have to do a lot before it is ready to be played, but you are first on the list

And sorry for no updates guys. I have been working on a lot of other stuff (started a website, weapon sounds, youtube videos, minecraft XD, etc.) So i will start this back up as soon as i can!

Thank you for your patience!

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 06:51 Edited at: 4th Sep 2011 06:52
UPDATE

Sorry for not having a lot of updates, i have been doing a lot of Youtube related things which can be viewed HERE

Anyways on to the updates, so i decided that since this is going to be more like Amnesia there are not going to be any weapons. I have also made the player walk slower than the normal FPSC Speed as it is too fast..

I have finished the Kitchen except for adding some sound effects and i will soon move onto the Dining Room, or Cafeteria.

Also, im still deciding what i should do with the hallways, should i leave them dark so it looks like it is pitch black outside. Or should i leave it like this?

SEE ATTACHED!

Either way looks cool for me, but i think i might leave the light coming from the windows and reduce the amount of torches.

PLEASE i need some feedback! The people who comment may get to be the testers for this game!

Thanks!
- Josh

EDIT: The framerate is still 60, just the screencap lowered it..

Attachments

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 07:07
Here is the new Kitchen!

Attachments

Pbcrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 07:20
Spiffy! Well done.

The voices in my head said I'm normal... o.0
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 11:36
Looks good mate, this will be very interesting game and if you ever need tester just contact me I will be glad to help you
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 20:53
Quote: "if you ever need tester just contact me"

You have been added to the list of testers Beno. Is that alright?

Quote: "if you ever need tester just contact me"

Thank you!

[b]I still need some feedback on the hallways, should i make the hallway light up from outside or torches?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 11:28:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 11:28:01