Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Think Tank

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 03:07 Edited at: 10th Aug 2011 03:31
Think Tank is a neural network program. The tank is required to learn that the mines reward it with points, and from that information the tank has to learn how to navigate its way towards them. Gradually, the tank recognises the mines, and starts to move towards them (sometimes away from them). The wrap around screen creates an extra confusion for the Tank as it loses its bearings, but I like the fact that it gets confused.

I made an earlier version in this thread...
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=168058&b=8&p=0

Now watch the Tank dance! ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBtt-iVqvFE

Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 04:34
If tanks evolved in the real world, I imagine those that didn't drive over mines would be "fittest"! Anyway the neural network stuff seems interesting, although I've never really looked into it. will be interesting to see how "smart" you can make it. At the moment the tank's motion looks random.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 13:08 Edited at: 10th Aug 2011 13:12
Well that was just 10 minutes of the program from start to finish. It's not random though. You can see it notice the mines if you watch closely. There is no hard programming for it to respond to the mines, just the fact that it gets points for hitting them. I can see it noticing the mines anyway, and once when I accidentally bypassed the neural network I could see that it was random, and quickly pressed esc to see what was wrong. But yeah I have ideas to give it more emotional responses.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:32:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:32:11