Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Scary thinker bonus weapons not working in x10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem with the pistol and grenade in the scary thinker model pack.
Firstly the grenade crashes the software and x10 comes up with a error message if i try to place it. And the pistol works in terms of picking it up off the ground but it is invisible but it fires okay and causes damage to enemies. Its strange cause all the components are in the correct files. Can anyone help?
I also own x9 and it works totally fine on that. Is anyone else having problems like this?
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2011 00:15 Edited at: 12th Aug 2011 00:15
Model packs are not checked for compatibility with X10 and won't necessarily work. It is however totally possible to make them work just takes some tweaks.

Someone else with this pack that has made it work may be able to help but I have no idea who has it here on eh X10 boards.

Mystic Mod - Putting the fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Windows 7 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 3.4Ghz, 8GB DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 4770 1GB, 2TB RAID-0 Hard disk
Adsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool i thought that might be why. Thanks. I shall do some tweaking
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 18:24
If you could supply us with the error message screenshot, and the pistol in-game, I can probably pinpoint the problem. But as Next said, tweaking the files can help but if you show us the error and in-game problem we can help you further .

-SSG

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2011 12:47
I will see what I can do to help.
But since I was working with FPSCX9 while developing due to all the new features (one or two even added with the pack in mind)
So X10 was never something I tought off.

But I will see if I can get a "X10 fix" up for all the weapons.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
i had to change all the entitys to dds to start with, as were in tga. and some of the fpe were a bit corrupted through x10 convert it seemed, how ever most of the weapons work fantastic, i had to erase the shader effect too as it does not work in x10, ( to my knowledge )

@ cyborg art nice pack and cleverly done.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:13:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:13:56