Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Unofficial-Official FPSC x10 Community Meet & Greet Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2011 20:12
I've noticed we're getting a lot of new members in the x10 community lately. So why not make an x10 meet and greet?

I'll start...

I'm Le Shorte. I've been with these forums for over two years now, and I've had FPSC x10 for nearly two. I started out with x9 and then started moving up, getting x10 and such. Then I started a Work In Progress thread for my game made with FPSC x10 Rads. It wasn't very good whatsoever, so I did the "right" thing and scrapped it. Now I don't really develop with any software anymore, but I think I may just have to now that Mystic Mod is really taking off.
I'm an internal beta tester of Mystic Mod, and some of you probably know me for holding the secret feature out like a carrot, mercilessly taunting everyone with how awesome it will be.
I'm also known in the x10 community for helping out in general. But of course, all of us are rather friendly, so we all help each other out.
And last but not least, welcome to x10!

Cheesehead for life.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2011 20:20 Edited at: 12th Aug 2011 20:22
Good idea I'll do one for me...

I'm The Next. I've been here since way back in 2007. I started off with FPSC X9 but moved to X10 as soon as it was released being one of the first on this board. I no longer make games with FPSC but I do still like to keep an eye on proceedings here and help out where I can.

I maintain the FPSC X10 System Requirements thread and used to run the FPSC-Online forums until they were shut-down after FPSC X10 was announced as unsupported. There may be a time that they will return if FPSC X10 carries on the way it is.

I now help with Mystic Mod and am an active supporter of anyone using FPSC X10 that ever needs a favour. If you have an idea that requires some server power I'm your guy. I'm always giving out space on my server for any purpose not just FPSC, get in touch if your interested.

Usually I'm friendly and don't bite

Have a good stay.

Mystic Mod - Putting the fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Windows 7 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 3.4Ghz, 8GB DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 4770 1GB, 2TB RAID-0 Hard disk
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2011 20:52
Great idea!!

I'm SREALIST (if you wanna know my real name, look at my email). I've been working as research faculty at the University of Central Florida's Institute for Simulation and Training since 2002. My research interests include auditory perception, mixed and virtual reality, informal education and learning through playing.

I've been working in x10 about 12 - 14 hours a day for the last 14 months designing educational mini-games for a NSF funded project. So far I have 5 of 9 games complete: Follow The Stars (Polynesian Navigation), Pythagoras's Music Challenge (math and music), Journey Into the Earth (the science of coal mining), Meteorites (the science of meteorite recovery in antartica), Meadow Lake (invasive species in man-made lakes).

I'm a light coder, an artist, and life-long learner. My mission here on this forum is do my part to bring energy and attention back to x10 as well as learn from others.

Anyone on this forum is welcome to email me at any time for any reason and I will respond asap.

Cheers,
SREALIST
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2011 21:33 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 13:15
I am Jonathan Langley (call me Jonny). I am co-founder of a small Indie development team consisting of some hard working friends and some not so hard working friends.

I'm in high-school at the moment, and have been intrigued by the idea of video game development for a very long time. I can stem my interest right back from playing the Timesplitters 2 map editor back when I first got an Xbox. After which I looked for another way to make games, leading me to 'Game Maker' - a good program for beginners! Then I got back into built-in map editors for a while and made maps on Far Cry 2 - Xbox 360.

About a year after I started to use Source SDK, I thoroughly enjoyed the freedom given with Source and even planned to make a Mod with it - I have a friend who at the time also was immersed into Source SDK.

At this point ThoughtWire Software had been existent for about a year and we had been successful in doing nothing the whole time.

In the recent months Ed joined the team proper as a 3D artist, in doing so I began development on The Compound. After it's abrupt period of development, we moved swiftly onto Rouge. If all goes well we hope to release Rouge on Desura.

^ My game developing story thus far.

:EDIT:

In my honest opinion FPSC X10 is the best engine i've used so far overall. It isn't a daunting learning curve like UDK, it doesn't need much coding experience. And the freedom you get can make many things possible.

X10 is most certainly the future for FPSC, at least it will be if we carry on this path.

[center]

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
science boy is my name born in the 70s, partied through the 80's 90's and decided to chill in the naughties, had a passion for games since the 70's when i got a pong machine, then moved onto an atari with space invaders during 70's also. then the 80's and with it came my beloved old commodore 64. class and waesome at the time, then a huge gap djing clubs all over europe and partying and enjoying life, till i bought a playstation then re introduced to tech' and travelled for 5 years around planet earth embarking on cptn kirk like dramas, till humbly back here in the uk.
got settled, got a p.c. got fpscx9 then a year later x10 then 2 years later single due to my game learning obsession, happy now and doing lots of work and enjoying single life, till the next time!

and welcome.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 18:21
I'm SSG, soon to be Parunagall, and have been an avid fan of game design for a substantial amount of time now. I usually help with bug reports and custom media problems so if you need any help, shoot me a question and I should be able to help.

I also primarily focus on Music and Sound Production now so Game Design has become almost a sort of pastime and I don't focus too much on it. However, it doesn't mean I'll disband myself from TGC .

For those who don't claim English as their main language, I speak Spanish too, and have impressed my A Level teachers of my mid fluency, so if you are Spanish and are addressing a problem or question, just mention it on your post, let alone any person who is not English-tongue .

Apart from FPSC X9 and X10 I've used UDK and Unity, but am mainly tied to UDK for artwork design and random graphical tests.

I am also working partially alongside The Next and Budokaiman on Mystic Mod, the best mod available for X10 with new features added every update.

What I offer:
-Music Production (if it's top priority, I'm not too great with Pro Tools at the moment)
-Spanish speaking and translation
-Solutions to problems
-Hints and tips

Of course, the other members are willingly here to help too, the X10 board has a fantastic community always there to help you!

-SSG

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 20:16
Glad to see everyone likes this idea. Maybe we can get this stickied, since x9 has their own meet and greet sticky.

Cheesehead for life.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 20:54
Quote: "Glad to see everyone likes this idea. Maybe we can get this stickied, since x9 has their own meet and greet sticky."

Agreed. It would also be nice if a couple of us could get mod status at least for the x10 subforum, since we are here all the time. Not sure how often mods come onto the x10 board.
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 21:03
I haven't seen a single mod visit the X10 forums apart from when they made the stickies, but if I have time I'll suggest the mod idea to Nickydude or someone .

-SSG

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 21:44 Edited at: 13th Aug 2011 21:47
I'm michael X aka MX aka MXS aka Michael X Studio aka MX Studio

my thing well here go

bugs fixes
work around
making everything fpsc compatible
re-texturing
making models fpsc ready
photoshop
music
shader mapping
scripting
Milkshape,fragmotion,Carrara.Daz,3dmax

still trying to learn more.

my games
hardcore soldier X
most wanted fugitive
escaping the dark horror
sharks
M.T. Assassin
Space creatures
Rise of the Mechanical Robots

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 22:06
Quote: "It would also be nice if a couple of us could get mod status at least for the x10 subforum"

I might just have to send an email to an existing mod or TGC.

[center]

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 22:11
Quote: "I might just have to send an email to an existing mod or TGC."

Don't bother. Mods are only chosen when the current mods feel the need for more. They'd also need to choose a member that is highly respected amongst all or most of the boards.

As for introducing myself, I'm budokaiman (though you can call me whatever you want, as long as I know that you're referring to me.)

I like to hang out on the forums and pretend that I'm being productive. You could say that I have an obsession with music, if anyone wants to have a discussion about music, I'm all for that. I've even got a "Music Discussion" thread over in Geek Culture.

The rest is classified.

Be yourself, but make sure you don't sound like a dying sheep.
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 22:23
Quote: "Don't bother"

Yeah, OK. We are probably fine for now anyway.

Quote: "The rest is classified."

I think that solves the age old myth. You are indeed an immortal cyborg.

[center]

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 23:23
Quote: "(though you can call me whatever you want, as long as I know that you're referring to me.)"

Okay, Smoochums.

Cheesehead for life.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 23:31
Quote: "Okay, Smoochums."

It's fine with me, butterfly cupcakes.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 07:46
Quote: "It's fine with me, butterfly cupcakes."

Gotcha, Snarklepuss.

Cheesehead for life.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 19:23
We need to come up with a name for our group. I'd like to suggest "The Wrecking Crew" for multiple reasons 1) because I am a die hard beach boys fan, and 2) because we are kinda like pirates (in the Hollywood sense - not the Somalian sense) moving forward an engine that has been dropped from official support and bullied off of the other subforums (and even the google code trac).

But while x9 users have to wait months for new releases, Budo has been giving us nearly daily updates of desperately needed features.

The Wrecking Crew?
The X10 Resistance?

What do you all think? I think we should have a name.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
cupcakes?
snuglepuss?
smoochums?

what has happened since i last logged on?

oh well possitive vibes i do feel.
love da beach boys, b.wilson top muso.

at budokaiman did you like suicidal tendencies or were you more
dark metal or am i right up the wrong tree?

viva la resistonce

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 00:14
Quote: "dark metal or am i right up the wrong tree? "

I like a lot of music. A lot more than I'm willing to admit sometimes (just take a look at my last.fm profile, you'll see plenty of embarrassing bands). I don't like Suicidal Tendencies though, nor do I like the Dead Kennedys. While I do like hardcore punk, I don't find either of those bands to be any good. I do also like the Beach Boys though.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
looved plush by stone temple pilots, hardcore punk is that like gbh and exploited or we going down a different path of later dates. i too have a huge range of music, from the chameleons (uk) to fall out boy to embarassing 80s to dance techno, oh and love basement jaxx to yardbirds etc. im a musical slut i guess!

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 15:07
Ok, I have just found this thread and was reading through it thinking, this is a great idea to strengthen the community so people can get to know each other.

I am Unfamillia, live in the UK and I am fairly new to all this. I am a VERY proud owner of X10 and i am even prouder to know that the community are sticking together to make it the best engine around!

Anyway, what can i offer.........?

erm........

I produce alot of music and have been told that my songs would soung good in games! i am very artistic and like desinging things (no pro experience though) ooh, due to my ADHD i like to think that i have a very vivid immagination, so, i deas could be a strong point (or they might just be wierd!)

I have entered the Defy The Odds Comp and i am looking forward to showing everyone what i have come up with!

Anyway, thats me. So, hello everyone!

Unfamillia
Tinker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 11:16 Edited at: 17th Aug 2011 02:46
I am Tinker and very new here unlike the guys at the top. Anyway nice meeting you all. Hoping to know you more let's help each other make fpsc x10 community grow. You can visit my website. I also have some wips and happy developing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my website for free segments for fpscx10 I created those using Firma=))

If there is no way, then we create our own!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 20:09
Glad to see new members popping up. I remember us struggling to keep members when lee announced x10 was no longer supported. Budokaiman took it upon himself to continue working on a mod that has really shines light on what this small community can do.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 06:24
Soviet, my friend! Haven't seen you in ages!

Cheesehead for life.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 23:23
For my fellow beach boys fans:

Though the release date has changed 3 times in the past couple months, the original Smile album - as tracked in 1966-67 is set to be released as part of a collection that will include 4 cds, 2 vinyl lps, 2 45 singles, and a 60 page book. It will probably cost a lot....and I will be buying it the day it is released even if I have to sell my soul to raise the cash.

Of course, you can just buy the individual CD or whatever but why buy one when you can get more for 20 times the price!

We've all heard the bootleg sessions and the releases of Smile songs on various albums in the late 60s and early 70s but there will tracks we've never heard, lead vox that have never been heard, and it will finally be presented as originally envisioned by Brian.

The 2004 release of Smile by BW was a great thing but....let's be honest, he intentionally damaged his voice in '76 and has never sounded the same. Also, the 2004 album's instrumentation was recorded in 2 days on a ProTools system and the vocals are autotuned. The original sessions were labored over every day for months with every single sound being rerecorded until it perfectly matched Brian's vision.

Sorry for the tangent....but to know me is to know I am obsessed with the creative work of Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys (1963-69 in particular).
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 00:58 Edited at: 18th Aug 2011 01:31
im glad he's back with us since mr brian wilson dropped acid and lost the plot, and recording with random artists, and not all good, but lately he seems happy blasting his stuff at glastonbury and even germany at the g8 concert. seems a lot better and happier but streuth im glad i am not his head! but a genius all the same.

p.s. just seen the trailer for skyrim...................omg!

think i should just give up now................... no!

gonna be inspired by it and try to make a near standard. impossible? maybe, but i am going to give it a try. lol

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 07:38 Edited at: 18th Aug 2011 07:38
Yeah, I'll I really care about for Brian at this point is his happiness and he seems to have found it. His music has given so many people so much happiness. Bob Dylan described watching him play as equivalent to getting to go back in time and watch Beethoven.

About Skyrim...just watched...waaaaaaaaa...out of curiousity are they gonna sell the engine they used? Probably for 10 trillion dollars. But I'd love to take a look at it to get some ideas.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:16:11
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:16:11