Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / My 2nd DarkBasic Game: Another remake of a classic..,, "Lemonade!"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 04:33 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 15:36
This one was good enough to I had friends and family urging me to try and sell copies of it online.

I insisted that it won't sell much and needs to be tested more, but I am running a trial run through eBay just to see if it generates any interest, and eBay simply because it gets a ton of traffic.

But anyhow, this was my 2nd completed project. I have added a lot to my version over what I remember as a child. I've added choices as to what part of town to sell lemonade at, including a risk vs reward location (more sales potential, but with a chance of getting robbed, mugged, etc) and paying a rental fee to sell in the rich people part of town. I've also added a top ten high score saver that records not only money made, but total score and avg temp for the game etc. And finally the game scores your performance based on the weather and other factors that you get in your game. For example, you might not make as much money as another player who gets lucky and has super hot temperatures every week, but you might just get a higher overall score if you make smarter decisions throughout your game.

Anyway, here is a sample video of my version of Lemonade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuYcW4tUHOQ

Comments/suggestions welcome please!

- Zaxx

NOTE: Youtube link updated to show more current game footage.
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 10:39
Have you thought about using graphics and images instead of text and draw commands only? It just seems like you've got quite a bad refresh problem as well (unless that was deliberate)

Zaxtor99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 11:29 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 12:47
Thanks for the feedback!

Refresh problem has been resolved.

I have also added quite a few images to the game, and while they are quite simple, they do seem to add an extra something to the game. A New video link will be changed in my OP just as soon as the video finishes uploading to Youtube.

If anyone would like a full, working copy of my Lemonade game now, simply let me know and provide an email address if it isn't on your forum profile here and I will send you an email that will give you a FREE download link. (With all the sounds and images in my game now, it is a 290 mb executable)
I'd love to get some feedback and testing of it on several computers and get opinions from different people!

- Zaxx

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:51:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:51:20